Anybody else order a Crossbreed holster lately?

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Fawbis
Posts in topic: 11

Anybody else order a Crossbreed holster lately?

Post by Fawbis »

I ordered mine the 15th of February and according to their site it still hasn't shipped. I know they say allow 4-6 weeks for delivery, but I feel just like I did when I was checking the DPS website twice daily for updates on my CHL status. Until then I'm stuck with a cheap Uncle Mikes IWB holster.
:waiting:
43 days mailbox to mailbox.
1-15-13 to 2-27-13
Glock 19

S_3
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Anybody else order a Crossbreed holster lately?

Post by S_3 »

They tell me you're supposed to order a holster at the same time you send your CHL application.
When I find myself in times of trouble
Mother Mary comes to me
Speaking words of wisdom:
"S times 3"

Teamless
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Teamless »

its been 3 years since I ordered mine, 4-6 weeks was 5 weeks and 6 days for me, I believe.

At least, it really is worth the wait
but if you don't want to wait, and have an extra $60 laying around, check out Whitehat Holsters, I got mine from them in about 9 days I think
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

The wait times shown above seem about right. I got mine just after Christmas, and mine took about that long.

Well worth the wait, however!
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

I ordered mine for my Glock 26 from MidwayUSA. Was here in 3 days. Didn't get the discount, but hey, the speed was worth it!
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

SATX-Scrub

Post by SATX-Scrub »

Or try crossbreedseconds.com, if its in stock, it'll be at your doorstep about two days after receipt of funds. Or, if you are a leftie and need it for a 1911, PM me for such a deal!
“He looked like an accountant or a serial-killer type. Definitely one of the service industries.”
― Kinky Friedman, Elvis, Jesus, and Coca-Cola
http://atomicnumber13.blogspot.com/

Longhorn-breeder

Post by Longhorn-breeder »

Fawbis wrote:I ordered mine the 15th of February and according to their site it still hasn't shipped. I know they say allow 4-6 weeks for delivery, but I feel just like I did when I was checking the DPS website twice daily for updates on my CHL status. Until then I'm stuck with a cheap Uncle Mikes IWB holster.

I can relate to the cheap uncle mikes. Substitute to us paddle holster while I wait for my Hopp custom. I think it will be another 3-4 weeks, I did order my holster and get my paperwork in at the same time. I have been in background check since mid January, it's a race! :totap:
Longhorn-breeder
Central TX

lrpettit
Posts in topic: 4

Post by lrpettit »

Fawbis wrote:I ordered mine the 15th of February and according to their site it still hasn't shipped. I know they say allow 4-6 weeks for delivery, but I feel just like I did when I was checking the DPS website twice daily for updates on my CHL status. Until then I'm stuck with a cheap Uncle Mikes IWB holster.
Mine was ordered on 1/22 and still hasn't shipped.
Opinions are my own, commonly worthless, and should not be relied upon. I am not a lawyer.
LTC Holder

MotherBear
Posts in topic: 3

Post by MotherBear »

Just ordered mine yesterday. No CHL yet (still need to find somewhere to take the class) but I figured at least I won't have to wait for my holster!

trlawles

Post by trlawles »

Sent in My CHL paperwork Jan 17th and ordered my CB supertuck Jan 19th.

My CHL status is Background check complete - Manufacturing Pending on March 1 and still haven't recieved my holster.

Looks like I will get my license before I get the holster.

Topic author
Fawbis

Post by Fawbis »

S_3 wrote:They tell me you're supposed to order a holster at the same time you send your CHL application.
Yeah I meant to. I just procrastinated and was torn between supertuck and the comp tac minotaur. When I finally decided on which one I was gonna get, my background was already under review.
1-15-13 to 2-27-13
Glock 19

Mx217

Post by Mx217 »

Fawbis wrote:
S_3 wrote:They tell me you're supposed to order a holster at the same time you send your CHL application.
Yeah I meant to. I just procrastinated and was torn between supertuck and the comp tac minotaur. When I finally decided on which one I was gonna get, my background was already under review.

What made you decide against CompTac? I absolutley love my MTAC, it's more adjustable than the supertuck(retention, cant and ride height). Not to mention you would have probably received it way before February ended as their production time is only 5 days and they are located around the Houston area, which means fast shipping for us Texans!

RJGold
Posts in topic: 3

Post by RJGold »

:iagree:

I agree on the Comp Tac MTAC. Awesome holster made by Texans. Multiple adjustments for ride height and cant. Good choices for colors and types of leather as well. They also have a model called the Spartan for a little less money (a few less frills but the same functionality).

They are maintaining their 4 to 5 day production times when most other manufacturers are extending their times due to increased demand.

My two cents...
Lo que no puede cambiar, tu que debe aguantar.
Take Care.
RJ

japacejr

Post by japacejr »

I ordered mine on Jan 21st.

I emailed them last week (about the 5 1/2 week mark) and got a quick response back. He said they were shipping orders from 1/12 and were running about 6 1/2 weeks on shipping with another 3 or 4 days to arrive once it is shipped.

I figure I will get mine in another week or two.
12/17/2011: CHL Received

Topic author
Fawbis

Post by Fawbis »

Mx217 wrote:
Fawbis wrote:

What made you decide against CompTac? I absolutley love my MTAC, it's more adjustable than the supertuck(retention, cant and ride height). Not to mention you would have probably received it way before February ended as their production time is only 5 days and they are located around the Houston area, which means fast shipping for us Texans!
Price mainly. As a college student that 30 extra dollars is a big deal. Especially after all the dough that was dropped on the app and class. I did my research and figured they're both excellent holsters and if I could save 30 dollars I would. But I'm making due with what I have. I'm really just glad I have my license really. It's a relief.
1-15-13 to 2-27-13
Glock 19

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”