Belt Width Important?

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
joeybcdt
Posts in topic: 1

Belt Width Important?

Post by joeybcdt »

I've been using 1.25" gun belts for years....Mitch Rosen and Matt Delfatti.

I decided to try a 1.5" belt to see if I could get some more stability. I had to order a new holster for my new XDs anyway so now seemed like the time. It seems that Rosen and Delfatti have gotten busy since I bought from them so I ordered a belt from thebeltman.net.

Anyone ever buy from The Belt Man here? What did you think?

Will I notice ANY difference between a 1.25" and a 1.5" gun belt?

Jumping Frog

Re: Belt Width Important?

Post by Jumping Frog »

When I moved to 1.5", I found it substantially more supportive. Holsters seem to be easier to get in that width too.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

fm2

Post by fm2 »

I really like the 1.5" belt & holster combo. That belt width fills up most belt loops and that leads to more verticle support for the belt. Stability makes for a repeatable draw stroke.
“It is the belief that violence is an aberration that is dangerous because it lulls us into forgetting how easily violence may erupt in quiescent places.” S. Pinker

PBratton

Post by PBratton »

I've used Bullhide Belts in the past as well, excellent product.
http://www.GeeksFirearms.com NFA dealer.
$25 Transfers in the Sugar Land, Richmond/Rosenburg areas, every 25th transfer I process is free

Active Military, Veterans, Law Enforcement, Fire, EMS receive $15 transfers.

NRA Patron Member, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, NRA Certified CRSO, Tx LTC Instructor

Watchful

Post by Watchful »

I have purchased two belts both 1.5" from the beltman web site. Very happy with both.

Teamless

Post by Teamless »

I recently bought my first Beltman belt

I chose the 1.5 inch, with the stiffener in it.
It is great!
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

fm2 wrote:I really like the 1.5" belt & holster combo. That belt width fills up most belt loops and that leads to more vertical support for the belt. Stability makes for a repeatable draw stroke.
:iagree: And it probably goes without saying, but always match your holster to the width of the belt. Buying a 1.75" holster so you can then use it with either 1.75" or 1.5" belts is not a great idea. There should be a minimum amount of play between the belt and holster loops/clips, otherwise you're depending upon belt tension to keep the holster in a constant, stable position.

I know some folks who like a 1.75" belt in their 5.11s for IDPA, and then use the same holster for daily wear on jeans that can accommodate only a 1.5" belt. It's worth it to buy another holster that fits the belt.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”