Raven Concealment

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
remington79
Posts in topic: 5

Raven Concealment

Post by remington79 »

I can't find any threads on this but for those of you using the Raven Concealment Phantom holster do you prefer the higher sweat shield or the lower sweat shied? I'll be using it on a Glock 19 OWB and maybe some IWB.
Sent to you from Galt's Gulch.

longtooth
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Raven Concealment

Post by longtooth »

I have been carrying in a Raven for several yrs. I use their standard on the sweat shield.
I do highly recomend the pancake wings. They make the holster so adjustable & it will melt away under your cover.
I carry a XD45 so it is a little thicker than your 19.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Excaliber »

longtooth wrote:I have been carrying in a Raven for several yrs. I use their standard on the sweat shield.
I do highly recomend the pancake wings. They make the holster so adjustable & it will melt away under your cover.
I carry a XD45 so it is a little thicker than your 19.
:iagree:

+1

I also use the standard sweat shield and pancake wings. It's a sweet, comfortable, and very low profile rig for an OWB design.

Highly recommended.

Tip: Remove all the screw fasteners and put them back with blue Loctite so they don't loosen and back out.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Topic author
remington79

Post by remington79 »

With the full length shield does it dig in too much? How easy is it to get a good initial firing grip?

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Excaliber »

remington79 wrote:With the full length shield does it dig in too much? How easy is it to get a good initial firing grip?
Mine gives me no issues on either point.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Topic author
remington79

Post by remington79 »

thanks everyone. It looks like I'll be ordering the full shield tonight.

Topic author
remington79

Post by remington79 »

I now heard about two other holsters. The first one is http://bravoconcealment.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and then this one http://www.kt-mech.com/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anyone on here use one of these two and how do they compare to the Phantom? I'm not sure of any of the Phantom parts will fit either of these two but with the Phantom you know there are other mounting options.

bubba84

Post by bubba84 »

Give North Texas Custom Kydex a look. He's in Mckinney, I have three of his holsters. Good prices, and quick turn around time, less than a week usually.

Heres my Glock 32/Tlr-1 holster.

c.edgington

Post by c.edgington »

remington79 wrote:I now heard about two other holsters. The first one is http://bravoconcealment.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and then this one http://www.kt-mech.com/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anyone on here use one of these two and how do they compare to the Phantom? I'm not sure of any of the Phantom parts will fit either of these two but with the Phantom you know there are other mounting options.
I'm resurrecting an old thread here, I know, but did you happen to get the KT holster? Looking @ getting one for my PPQ w/ 300u. Thanks!
Sent-01/22/2014
Plastic-3/15/14

Topic author
remington79

Post by remington79 »

I didn't. I went with the Raven Concealment. I've been happy with it. I'm thinking about different mounting options for it now. I bought it with the regular loops. I'm leaning towards the pancake wings and I would also like a pancake option for when I don't want to wear a holster when I get to the house.

My only complaint is how high the pistol rides. I know it's going to so it doesn't hang below your shirt but it seems like it's halfway to my armpit. I do have a bit of a bias though because all I have ever used are IWB holsters. Because of it being higher I don't seem to conceal it as well as my IWB but part of it (or most) is I need to get some more shirts.

I'm sure it will also get better after getting larger shirts and wearing it more. I'm just so used to IWB. I haven't been carrying since I wrote the post because my permit expired and then we moved back in state. I didn't get my CHL because we're moving out of state again next year. There's no point in spending $140 when I can get a permit for (depending on where we go) for $10 or $64 and change.

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”