Holster Advice

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

WildBill
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Holster Advice

Post by WildBill »

RoyGBiv wrote:Honestly (don't tell anyone, ok?), my go-to holster for hot weather carry has been the High Noon Mr. Softy. It's inexpensive, available off the shelf, tuckable, and the steel clip is the best I've seen on any "clip type" holster.. I have two other holsters I use regularly, but that one 'just works" for me. Other folks don't like the low ride or they raise their noses over the thin leather, but, I'm drawn to it simply because it checks all the important boxes ... for me.

It's a good group here. Most "serious" CHLers are, I've found. And the mods here don't stand for much shenanigans. ;-)
I think that High Noon makes great holsters. I own several. I have purchased two Mr. Softys, but don't used them. If it works for you I think that is great.
What gun do you carry?
NRA Endowment Member

gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

Raven concealment and Sidearmor.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

gigag04 wrote:Raven concealment and Sidearmor.
These are two of my favorites as well, but I also like BladeTech and Comp-Tac.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 3

Post by RoyGBiv »

WildBill wrote:
RoyGBiv wrote:Honestly (don't tell anyone, ok?), my go-to holster for hot weather carry has been the High Noon Mr. Softy. It's inexpensive, available off the shelf, tuckable, and the steel clip is the best I've seen on any "clip type" holster.. I have two other holsters I use regularly, but that one 'just works" for me. Other folks don't like the low ride or they raise their noses over the thin leather, but, I'm drawn to it simply because it checks all the important boxes ... for me.

It's a good group here. Most "serious" CHLers are, I've found. And the mods here don't stand for much shenanigans. ;-)
I think that High Noon makes great holsters. I own several. I have purchased two Mr. Softys, but don't used them. If it works for you I think that is great.
What gun do you carry?
HK P2000SK AIWB.

The softer thinner leather is great for appendix carry.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Wodathunkit
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Wodathunkit »

Crossbreed for me also. Carrying a 26, or a 19 with no issues. DONT forget the belt. The holster is only as good as the belt you have. Ask me how I know.
"Character is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking" - J.C. watts Jr.
CHL since Jan. 2013
53 days mailbox to mailbox.

JR's 12 Valve

Post by JR's 12 Valve »

For quick trips I use a Bianchi 100 Pro, or a MIC holster. For days where I have to make a stop or two, or am going to be walking around a lot, I prefer my IWB rig from Big Ugly Leather Works.

booze97

Post by booze97 »

If you like the hybrid style, like the crossbreed supertuck or alien gear, check out http://www.shtfgear.com/. I prefer them to either alien gear or crossbreed.

Wodathunkit

Post by Wodathunkit »

booze97 wrote:If you like the hybrid style, like the crossbreed supertuck or alien gear, check out http://www.shtfgear.com/. I prefer them to either alien gear or crossbreed.
Why? If you've com paired them share the differences. I'd appreciate it. :tiphat:
"Character is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking" - J.C. watts Jr.
CHL since Jan. 2013
53 days mailbox to mailbox.

timdsmith72

Post by timdsmith72 »

I love my Crossbreed Supertuck.
And this one as well. http://www.firearmholster.com

Austin83

Post by Austin83 »

I really like my Comp-Tac Minotaur.

booze97

Post by booze97 »

Wodathunkit wrote:
booze97 wrote:If you like the hybrid style, like the crossbreed supertuck or alien gear, check out http://www.shtfgear.com/. I prefer them to either alien gear or crossbreed.
Why? If you've com paired them share the differences. I'd appreciate it. :tiphat:
"Combat cut" leather (being able to get a full grip on the firearm when drawing), is standard on SHTFGear, rather than an extra charge like Crossbreed.

The SHTFGear Kydex is stitched to the leather as well as riveted. One of the long term problems with hybrid holsters that only use rivets, like the Crossbreed, is that they eventually loosen and the gun doesn't sit snug. Aliengear uses screws to connect the kydex and leather, which you constantly have to tighten.

There are more ride height and cant adjustment options available on the SHTFGear than the Aliengear.

spongeworthy

Post by spongeworthy »

e: holster gone
Last edited by spongeworthy on Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

ske1eter

Post by ske1eter »

Chetter818 wrote:i have looked at the alien gear IWB holster for the glock 27 several different times and read reviews as well just almost seems to good to be true. Think that's why i haven't pulled the "trigger" on one yet.
It's not too good to be true, it is true. Their stuff is as advertised. Plus you get the ability to customize the tension to your liking as they use screws compared to rivets.

LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

Check out what Tucker offers. There's stuff that competes but there's nothing better. http://www.tuckergunleather.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”