8 Months in - Big Ugly Leatherworks MKIII Do All - IWB/OWB

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
JR's 12 Valve
Posts in topic: 1

8 Months in - Big Ugly Leatherworks MKIII Do All - IWB/OWB

Post by JR's 12 Valve »

I have used this holster for about 8 months now, 7 days a week, around 4-18 hours per day.

Not a single thing has changed ... except for a few scratches and dings when I was chasing a few feral hogs through mesquite trees. :banghead: The holster still holds the gun like the first day I had it. Still, even off body, I can turn the holstered pistol upside down, and shake it as much as I want, and it won't fall out. Yet I still draw with ease.

Even after 8 months of daily, and sometimes very rough use, there has been no stretching of the belt loops, IWB loops, fraying of threads, threads coming loose, or anything else that I can think of that may go wrong with a holster.

This is an OWB/IWB holster, and I can't even feel it on my hip when worn either way. To wear it Outside the Waist Band, you simply undo the snaps, unscrew the leather straps, and screw the place holders in, all with a basic phillips head screwdriver. I guess you could call it a modified "pancake" holster when worn OWB, as it has a good coverage area, and really hugs the body. When worn IWB, I cannot describe it any other way, except perfection in gun leather. It hugs your body nice and tight, has a perfect cant, it keeps all of the sweat off your pistol, has a much smaller area compared to a King-Tuk, doesn't allow manipulation of a thumb safety (unless you WEDGE your finger between the gun and holster), and it really protects your pistol. I have the dents and scratches on the holster to prove it.

The prices on his various designs are affordable, and his wait times are short ... for the time being. :cheers2:

Big Ugly Leather Works is leaps and bounds above top notch, and they really are the epitome of customer service. BULW goes above and beyond to see that you're taken care of, and are happy with your product.

I cannot recommend them enough. If anyone has any questions, I will be more than happy to answer them.

And of course, pic time.

matinaron
Posts in topic: 1

Re: 8 Months in - Big Ugly Leatherworks MKIII Do All - IWB/O

Post by matinaron »

I like the leather looks so durable.
You live by the gun and trench knives, and die by the gun and trench knives.

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”