Armour Belts: A Review

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
SigM4
Posts in topic: 1

Armour Belts: A Review

Post by SigM4 »

Evening all, just got a new belt from Armour Belts and thought I would post a review as I've never seen them discussed on TexasCHLForum before.

A few weeks ago I woke up one morning to a very nice e-mail from Mike at Armour Belts. It seemed that I'd been fortunate enough to win the contest he had been running for a free gun belt on another forum. Being that I very rarely enter these anymore, it was a rather nice surprise. I thanked him for the good news and told him I would get back to him with what I wanted. Now came the hard part, deciding how I wanted the belt configured. After mulling it over for the weekend I still wasn't sure just what I wanted the belt to look like. In hopes of getting a little guidance I e-mailed Mike to get his take on several of the combinations I was thinking about. He quickly e-mailed me back with several pictures depicting the different color/thread combinations, as well as his thoughts on what I wanted to be a casual looking belt. Not long after I placed my order and then promptly forgot about the belt. Not more than a few days later Mike e-mailed me to let me know that the belt was being made and apologized for the delay. That's service!

On Tuesday of this past week I was sitting at work when my wife texted me to let me know I had a "belt shaped package" waiting on the dining room table. When I got home this is what I found.

Close-up of the belt (Tan belt with white thread):

The craftsmanship and quality of this belt is unbelievable, especially given the short time between ordering and receiving the belt. What immediately struck me about the belt was how thick it is, 11/32" according to my calipers, this thing is beefy. To say I'm impressed would be an understatement. I was excited to get the chance to wear it over the course of the week and this weekend. The thing I enjoyed most about the belt was the lack of need to do a lot of "adjusting" during the day. Between the belt and an excellent holster I was already using from Ozarks Holster Co the gun stays put without any worry. I have other gun belts from other gun belt makers, and all are excellent, but I can truly say that Mike's belts are in a class unto themselves. This is my first Armour gun belt, but it most certainly will not be my last.

Fully loaded P30 (in an Ozark's Holster Co hybrid):

If anyone that doesn't know about Mike and Armour Belts is looking for their first, or second, or twelfth gun belt, you owe it to yourself to check them out.

I will admit that while this is my first gun belt from them, this isn't my first Armour Belts' product. About a year ago I found myself in need of a new dress belt. Growing tired of the thin crappy offering at most department stores, I went in search of a quality dress belt that would hold up for more than a year before falling apart. Someone on another forum turned me on to Armour's dress belts. I thought I'd give it a shot, seeing as how the cost of the custom made belt was only about $10 more that the name brand belts from the big chain stores. What I got was a fantastic belt.

This is the belt after almost a year of 5 day/week wear. The belt shows almost no signs of wear and still looks great. I have been contemplating a second (and possibly third) dress belt so that I can begin rotating them for variety's sake. My recent gun belt fortune just further strengthens my desire for this.

Brown w/brown thread:

I hope anyone looking for a new gun belt (or dress belt) will give Mike and Armour Belts a look.
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

C-dub

Re: Armour Belts: A Review

Post by C-dub »

Looks like a very sturdy belt and nice looking to boot. If my Galco belt ever starts to wear out I'll check into these.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

E.Marquez
Posts in topic: 4

Post by E.Marquez »

Thanks for the review.
New belt ordered today....
I'll post my thoughts on it once received and tested.
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

OUTSTANDING service...

Good day, I may have missed it on your site... But what is your lead time on a new order for a 1.5" belt ?
I just placed an order and was curious how long I might expect to wait.

Thanks
Respectfully
Response in about 9 min after my question sent.
Erik
I should have it out on Wednesday. Thursday would be worst case.

Mike
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

I just ordered two belts about a week ago. Wish I would have seen this beforehand. Looks like a very good quality belt for an excellent price. Looking forward to seeing more reviews as I plan to order a couple more. Gotta match my shoes and boots you know. (now I don't want to hear any comments about my feminine side showing).
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

RogueUSMC

Post by RogueUSMC »

mojo84 wrote:...Gotta match my shoes and boots you know. (now I don't want to hear any comments about my feminine side showing).
My wife makes me do this...I argue that black and brown (both being neutrals) go together but she still says no...

My major fashion faux pas according to my wife is when I try to wear a gray shirt with khaki shorts...evidently that will get you shot or worse...
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

Belt shipped in less than 24 hours can't beat that.
Ordered Monday Bill shipped Tuesday afternoon

E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

Belt received today
Will eval and report back on what I find when I get home ..

Oh who am I kidding I ripped open the package the second I got it out of the mailbox.
The belt looks tremendous very happy with it I'll show some pictures of it when I get home and that of the belt that I just replaced in my driveway

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”