Alien Gear OWB Holsters

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Scott B.
Posts in topic: 3

Alien Gear OWB Holsters

Post by Scott B. »

I really like my Cloak Tuck 2 holster, so with open carry coming--and wanting to try OWB for CC anyway--decided to order new holster

But, their 2 holster combo was too good to pass up so I grabbed one for a Glock 19 and another for a full sized 1911. I managed to stop short of adding an additional discounted shell.

http://aliengearholsters.com/alien-gear ... combo.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

With the money 'saved', I decided to buy a new Wilderness belt. :cool:

Are you shopping in anticipation of licensed open carry? I figure 99% of my carrying will continue to be concealed, but I sure like having an option.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

CoffeeNut
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Alien Gear OWB Holsters

Post by CoffeeNut »

Nice! I've heard nothing but good things about Alien Gear products.

I'm shopping for a nice leather OWB to replace some my Galco Lite's since OC is around the corner. I'll probably OWB more rather than full OC but should the gun become visible I'd like it to be in some nice leather. I have something similar to your new Alien Gear but I like a smaller rig for OWB carry.
EDC: Sig Sauer P320SC / P238

Topic author
Scott B.

Post by Scott B. »

CoffeeNut wrote:...I'll probably OWB more rather than full OC but should the gun become visible...
That's exactly my thinking. OWB CC without caring about exposure...or walking to the car from the office without covering up, etc.

RonW956

Post by RonW956 »

I anticipate open carry passing in Texas so I went ahead & ordered the 2 holster combo, a cloak tuck 2.0 IWB and a OWB and I also got an additional shell for my new kahr cw40 :patriot:

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Did the OC bill have a stipulation that a retention holster is required?

rogersinsel

Post by rogersinsel »

carlson1 wrote:Did the OC bill have a stipulation that a retention holster is required?
NO, it did not. Classes will be restructured to teach retention, but the holster is not required to have it. You can find HB910 amendments here: http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/BillLook ... Bill=HB910" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And SB17 amendments here: http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/BillLook ... &Bill=SB17" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You could also create a My TLO account and set alerts for legislation that you are interested in.

Topic author
Scott B.

Post by Scott B. »

Arrived much faster than I expected. Haven't had a chance to wear either out yet. The 1911 holster needs to have the leather cut to cover the end of the slide and shell, imho, but we'll see how it goes. My G26 is standing in for a 19 here in the other holster.

Is it sad that I'm thinking about changing the 1911 grips just because the screws are the 'wrong' color? I'd swap them out, but the heads on the 'standard' thin standoffs/screws aren't large enough to secure these grips. Think I might go aluminum, ultra thin, if I can find a set I like.

ajwakeboarder

Post by ajwakeboarder »

Scott B. wrote:Arrived much faster than I expected. Haven't had a chance to wear either out yet. The 1911 holster needs to have the leather cut to cover the end of the slide and shell, imho, but we'll see how it goes. My G26 is standing in for a 19 here in the other holster.
Lucky. I ordered my holsters on the 13th and still haven't gotten a tracking number. BUT, I did get a IWB 2.0 and they did say those will take longer. I can't wait to get mine now!!!
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

I've been browsing some nice hand-tooled, all leather OWB holsters with various insert panels, trying to decide what I want. If I am going to open carry, I am going to look good doing it. :tiphat:

Of course, a nice custom holster requires a matching mag holder. And I might as well match them to a nice ranger belt and a good looking pair of boots, and a . . . . :lol: :drool: "rlol"
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

Reds45ACP

Post by Reds45ACP »

I daily carry in either a Cloak-Tuck 1.0 (I tried the neoprene in the 2.0 and didn't like it) or the AlienGear OWB depending on my clothes. I love'em both. Easy to draw and reholster and very comfortable.

I've actually shot a few IDPA matches in the CCP class with my AG OWB holster. It's only a tad slower on the draw than my Comp-Tac International competition holster.

As far as OC'ing the pistol... eh. I would pick something with more retention since it isn't concealed but the reality is that I have no plans to open carry anyway.
Hello. My name is Red and I used to carry a .45. Now I carry a 9mm and it's getting easier to admit every day.

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”