recommendations for a 1 3/4" belt

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Crash
Posts in topic: 1

recommendations for a 1 3/4" belt

Post by Crash »

I need recommendations for a holster belt, 1 3/4" wide, in black. I usually carry AIWB, but when driving I prefer to carry cross-draw.

Thanks,

Crash

WildBill
Posts in topic: 3

Re: recommendations for a 1 3/4" belt

Post by WildBill »

I recommend The Beltman for gunbelts. I own three and they are top quality belts. :tiphat:

http://www.thebeltman.net/bh134.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA Endowment Member

ScooterSissy

Post by ScooterSissy »

I'll second that for The Beltman. I've had mine for almost 3 years, and wear it every day.

Middle Age Russ

Post by Middle Age Russ »

In addition to Beltman, I can also recommend Comp-Tac as well as AG Gunleather. If you are going with a leather belt, I highly recommend a square rather than rounded buckle, due to the way the round ones wear the edge as you cinch the belt up. The square buckles simply wear this area less.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

The Wall

Post by The Wall »

I have one from A&G Custom Gun Leather also mentioned by Russ. Best belt I've ever owned. Here's the link> http://agcustomgunleather.com/store/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

rtschl

Post by rtschl »

I have both Beltman and Bullhidebelts. I can highly recommend both!
Ron
NRA Member

LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

There's Tucker Gun Leather and there's anyone and everyone else.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

PBratton

Post by PBratton »

rtschl wrote:I have both Beltman and Bullhidebelts. I can highly recommend both!
I own both myself.
http://www.GeeksFirearms.com NFA dealer.
$25 Transfers in the Sugar Land, Richmond/Rosenburg areas, every 25th transfer I process is free

Active Military, Veterans, Law Enforcement, Fire, EMS receive $15 transfers.

NRA Patron Member, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, NRA Certified CRSO, Tx LTC Instructor

BigGuy

Post by BigGuy »

I just bought a 511 Tactical at Gander Mountain a couple of weeks ago. Right around $45.00. It's my first gun belt as opposed to a heavy belt. With only a couple of weeks, I obviously can't comment on durability, but it certainly does do a better job with my holster. I also ordered the leather loops for my Alien Gear holster, replacing the bent clips. The eyes also feel like the won't stretch out.
Has anybody put miles on a 511 Tactical? Am I still going to be happy with this thing in a few months?

mr1337

Post by mr1337 »

Well, I was going to say Volund Gearworks Atlas Belt, but I went to their site, and looks like they are temporarily suspending orders due to a family event.

If and when they do come back, do yourself a favor and get one. It's very much a "tacti-cool" looking belt, but it's rock solid, and probably the last belt you'll need for a good long while.

It's a seriously good belt. I've contemplated using it as a backup weapon should my primary ever fail.
Keep calm and carry.

Licensing (n.) - When government takes away your right to do something and sells it back to you.

silverbear

Post by silverbear »

BigGuy wrote:I just bought a 511 Tactical at Gander Mountain a couple of weeks ago. Right around $45.00. It's my first gun belt as opposed to a heavy belt. With only a couple of weeks, I obviously can't comment on durability, but it certainly does do a better job with my holster. I also ordered the leather loops for my Alien Gear holster, replacing the bent clips. The eyes also feel like the won't stretch out.
Has anybody put miles on a 511 Tactical? Am I still going to be happy with this thing in a few months?
I've worn the 5.11 trainer 1 1/2 inch for 5 maybe 6 years now and it's holding up very well with moderate use. I saw the 1 3/4 inch the other day and it looks sturdier.
I support the right to arm bears.

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

I've owned a number of gunbelts, including Daltechforce.com, Bullhidebelts.com, 5.11 belts, and theBeltman.net. For me, theBeltman.net belts are the best quality, with Daltechforce.com also a very good choice. Of course, theBeltman belts are also more expensive than Daltech.

Either way, I recommend the internal stiffener.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

Scott B.

Post by Scott B. »

I just picked up a Wilderness Easy-Fit Original Instructor Belt with the polymer insert. There's a very noticeable stability improvement over the 5.11 Double Duty 5-stitch I've been wearing (I still like the 5.11 belt and will wear it when the situation fits).

I'm looking for a nice leather gun belt, but there are so many choices.

Love the accessory threads, I always find something I want/need.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

WildBill
Posts in topic: 3

Post by WildBill »

Scott B. wrote:I just picked up a Wilderness Easy-Fit Original Instructor Belt with the polymer insert.
I use the Original Instructor Belt, not the Easy-Fit when wearing shorts, etc.
NRA Endowment Member

SigM4

Post by SigM4 »

Armour Belts. Awesome customer service and turn around time. Mike is a true craftsman. I won't buy from anyone else.
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”