Question about pancake type holsters

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Question about pancake type holsters

Post by The Annoyed Man »

K.Mooneyham wrote:I appreciate the replies so far. Just to add something, one of my main issues is that it makes it almost impossible to sit down. If folks don't mind saying, what clock position on your body do you wear your pancake holster?
Kirk, I position mine so that the belt loop closed to my centerline is between the holster slots, and then I slide the holster backward so that the front belt slot butts up against that belt loop. That positions the gun very slightly behind my hip, and sitting down is no problem at all. It's quite comfortable.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 3

Post by K.Mooneyham »

Outstanding information, thank you all. Seems like I was wearing it too far forward, for one thing. The revolver is a 4 inch Ruger, not small. Also, I'll give it some more break-in time.

Thanks TAM for the heads up about the replies, and the pics.

Countryside
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Countryside »

twomillenium wrote:I have never been so hungry that I needed to carry pancakes in a holster for quick consumptions. :lol:
No, no...the holster itself is made from a pancake. Keep it lubed with butter and syrup.

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”