Tucker Leather HF1

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
casp625
Posts in topic: 8

Tucker Leather HF1

Post by casp625 »

So, I have been reading some pretty good reviews about the HF1 from various forums and internet reviews. However, I have not made up my mind on the cowhide lining. What are your thoughts on whether this should be invested in or not?

Also, I know they can add a thumb break for $35 but I am conflicted whether to get it or not. Should I choose to OC, it would be nice to have, and if I decide to CC, I could always leave it unsnapped. Plus, I think it looks pretty spiffy:

mojo84
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Tucker Leather HF1

Post by mojo84 »

I don't have one but that it's the holster I plan to get once I decide to pull the trigger on another holster. I need to start offloading some before I add more.

I cannot imagine you being disappointed with it.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I haven't read much on the F1 lately, but I've read a lot over the years. I don't recall ever reading a negative review.

Chas.

PBratton
Posts in topic: 2

Post by PBratton »

Mr. Tucker does excellent work.
http://www.GeeksFirearms.com NFA dealer.
$25 Transfers in the Sugar Land, Richmond/Rosenburg areas, every 25th transfer I process is free

Active Military, Veterans, Law Enforcement, Fire, EMS receive $15 transfers.

NRA Patron Member, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, NRA Certified CRSO, Tx LTC Instructor

OlBill

Post by OlBill »

I have the HF1, a Texas Heritage IWB, a mag pouch (great design), 3 belts and a cross draw on order. The workmanship and customer service have been second to none.

I love my HF1. I highly recommend Tucker gun leather and without reservation.

I didn't get the liner or the thumb break.

The HF1 conceals well.

Deitz83

Post by Deitz83 »

That holster will match the belt that I received from Tucker last month. Had a new addition to the family last week (Glock 23). Must make another donation to Mr. Tucker, very soon.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

As for the lining... I recommend it if you care about your firearm's appearance.

Without the lining, the cut side of the leather is against the gun. It has a tendency to hold onto any grit, sand, etc. that finds it's way in. This can put minute scratches in your firarm's finish and accelerate holster wear.

The lining is put in with the smooth side against the gun. It will not hold that grit as readily and so help preserve your firearm''s finish.

JMHO
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

I have a Tucker holster, though not the HF1. It is great quality. Can't speak to customer service as I bought it used.

Topic author
casp625

Post by casp625 »

Just put my holster on order - Black with white stitching. Lead time is approximately 12 weeks and I can't wait to get it!

Topic author
casp625

Post by casp625 »

Just got notification my holster will be shipping tomorrow! Hope to have it in the next couple days :hurry:

Topic author
casp625

Post by casp625 »

Now that the holster arrived, I decided I needed to upgrade my belt, so I went with the Beltman. I also picked up an STI Guardian too! The Beltman is definitely nicer than my Hanks Amish belt and distributes the weight better. The holster is designed so well that I can wear a t-shirt (normal sized, not one size up) and it conceals fairly well. My gym-type shirts are more form fitted and tend to print a little bit but not too bad.

Attachments
Gear.jpg

Jketchum

Post by Jketchum »

Great lookin rig!
It is amazing what a good belt does for you.

flechero
Posts in topic: 3

Post by flechero »

Nice looking rig! Be sure to really practice with the Thumb break, as it's an extra step you'll have to get used to, to be proficient.

Did you get the 9mm or .45 acp Guardian? I have the .45 and love it. Made a few mods to better suit me but it was great, out of the box. If I had the cash, I'd outfit the 9mm to match so I could interchange! :fire

Topic author
casp625

Post by casp625 »

flechero wrote:Nice looking rig! Be sure to really practice with the Thumb break, as it's an extra step you'll have to get used to, to be proficient.

Did you get the 9mm or .45 acp Guardian? I have the .45 and love it. Made a few mods to better suit me but it was great, out of the box. If I had the cash, I'd outfit the 9mm to match so I could interchange! :fire
45ACP for sure! Also ordered 3 Wilson 47OX and 3 lo-profile plates to match.

flechero
Posts in topic: 3

Post by flechero »

casp625 wrote:45ACP for sure! Also ordered 3 Wilson 47OX and 3 lo-profile plates to match.
Great combo, I also use mainly 47OX mags and have the same (47ox) spring/follower kits in my other mags. I added a magwell so I kept the standard basepads. Although I slimmed, shortened and round butted it; then broke all the hard edges for carry. It's still shorter than a full size but get the advantages of the magwell.
Attachments
magwell
magwell

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”