Holster color coordination

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Holster color coordination

Post by RPBrown »

This could get expensive in a hurry. I have tan boots, black boots, brown boots and gray boots. Then I have white tennis shoes.
Of course my wife says I have no fashion sense
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Dadtodabone
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Dadtodabone »

RPBrown wrote:This could get expensive in a hurry. I have tan boots, black boots, brown boots and gray boots. Then I have white tennis shoes.
Oxblood/Cordovan is, of course, de rigueur, as a color choice for a gentleman's boots for daytime wear with suits/sport jackets/blazers. Tan, Brown or gray should be reserved for casual ensembles, with black being your choice for evening or formal wear.
I am particularly enamored of the Oxblood shade used by Nightingale, http://shop.nightingaleleather.com/Grif ... ffon-V.htm , works well with suits and blazers in most conservative colors and construction.
A caution, as the "sweltering months" loom large before us, "Suits" in cotton/linen, twills, seersucker especially those with unstructured forms, are to be avoided (think Boss Hogg or Miami Vice). Consulting with one's tailor will reveal a plethora of tropical weight fabrics in a wide variety of colors and weaves that will allow you to dress well no matter the weather!
"Tennis Shoes" should be found only on the court, in the lounge or your locker at the club.
"Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris!"

Jusme
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Jusme »

Dadtodabone wrote:
RPBrown wrote:This could get expensive in a hurry. I have tan boots, black boots, brown boots and gray boots. Then I have white tennis shoes.
Oxblood/Cordovan is, of course, de rigueur, as a color choice for a gentleman's boots for daytime wear with suits/sport jackets/blazers. Tan, Brown or gray should be reserved for casual ensembles, with black being your choice for evening or formal wear.
I am particularly enamored of the Oxblood shade used by Nightingale, http://shop.nightingaleleather.com/Grif ... ffon-V.htm , works well with suits and blazers in most conservative colors and construction.
A caution, as the "sweltering months" loom large before us, "Suits" in cotton/linen, twills, seersucker especially those with unstructured forms, are to be avoided (think Boss Hogg or Miami Vice). Consulting with one's tailor will reveal a plethora of tropical weight fabrics in a wide variety of colors and weaves that will allow you to dress well no matter the weather!
"Tennis Shoes" should be found only on the court, in the lounge or your locker at the club.

But in the sweltering summer months, with lighter colors and fabrics, shouldn't your holster also reflect those types of adaptability? Perhaps an exterior motif of khaki colored mesh lined with a kydex in a corresponding color. Not only blending well, but diminishing weight to allow carry with a thinner belt, providing an overall appearance cooler and unstressed by the heat.

"rlol"
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Abraham
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Abraham »

Get an overall waxing before you wear your 'mankini' and you'll be ever so scrumptious...you fashion diva you!

Dadtodabone
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Dadtodabone »

Abraham wrote:Get an overall waxing before you wear your 'mankini' and you'll be ever so scrumptious...you fashion diva you!
LOL, you first!
"Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris!"

WildBill
Posts in topic: 1

Post by WildBill »

Dadtodabone wrote:
Abraham wrote:Get an overall waxing before you wear your 'mankini' and you'll be ever so scrumptious...you fashion diva you!
LOL, you first!
One more comment like this and I'm turning you guys in. :lol:
NRA Endowment Member

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”