Holster color coordination

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

cbunt1
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Holster color coordination

Post by cbunt1 »

Abraham wrote:Do any of you who're sincerely interested in being gun fashion conscious wear a man-bun?

Get manicures/pedicures?

Are one of the few men you know who has has a degree in "Women Studies"?

Proud to know how to knit?

Constantly put lotion on your dry elbows and think the temperature wherever you go is set to low and need to wear a sweater even in the Texas summer?

Weeeeellll, my friend, go get that operation you've only dreamed of, hand in your man card and give your gun to your Mother who really understands you...
Nope, no man bun. I cut my long hair back in about 92 and never looked back. My old 2-60 a/c pickup truck blew it around and made a whip effect that stung my face...enough was enough! :lol::

No pedicures. I don't like anyone messing with my feet. I occasionally get a manicure...it's the best way to "clean up" for a board meeting or special occasion when my hands are beat up from a backyard engine swap.

I don't have a degree in "Women's Studies" but I was raised by a woman who ran a $1M+ annual sales force in the Beauty industry. So yes, I understand color coordination, and can pick out good colors for anyone's skin tone (and I can make good makeup and accessory suggestions).

I don't know how to knit. But I can sew a button on my shirt, hem a pair of pants, and generally make "survival repairs." I can also sew up a cow or a dog if the need arises.

I'm as comfortable driving around in my Cowboy Cadillac as I am in my '72 RoadRunner, or my disposable '05 Aveo. :biggrinjester:

I don't need a sweater in the Texas heat. But sometimes a concealment vest seems appropriate... :biggrinjester:

And yes, I do sometimes change guns/holsters/accessories based on the overall look. I just don't like the way my utilitarian Glock rig looks when I wear it with my Hickey Freeman suit...the 1911 looks so much more proper--even if it's concealed.

My mother doesn't really understand me though. She told me a few years ago that she wanted to make sure I was always independent and didn't "need" anyone...but that she thinks she may have let it go too far :)

All funning around aside, I don't think matching your carry gear is strictly necessary, but there's sure nothing wrong with it. And the original question made me realize that I actually do so--I just never gave it too terribly much thought.
American by birth, Texan by the grace of God!

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Why not have the courage to come out?

Topic author
hovercat
Posts in topic: 2

Post by hovercat »

Perhaps we should consult the experts. Can anyone think of a character in the old westerns who did not match?

Dadtodabone
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Dadtodabone »

hovercat wrote:Perhaps we should consult the experts. Can anyone think of a character in the old westerns who did not match?
While Cisco was a fashion plate, I'm pretty sure Pancho was much more relaxed in his wardrobe choices. Sidekicks, pretty much across the board, provided comic relief in dialogue, manner and dress. Tonto being an exception.

As an aside, I'm looking for OC suggestions for my 5 yard kilts. Traditional belts are very wide and I've not found a leather craftsman interested in fashioning a holster to accommodate a 3" belt.
"Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris!"

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Dadtodabone wrote:
hovercat wrote:Perhaps we should consult the experts. Can anyone think of a character in the old westerns who did not match?
While Cisco was a fashion plate, I'm pretty sure Pancho was much more relaxed in his wardrobe choices. Sidekicks, pretty much across the board, provided comic relief in dialogue, manner and dress. Tonto being an exception.

As an aside, I'm looking for OC suggestions for my 5 yard kilts. Traditional belts are very wide and I've not found a leather craftsman interested in fashioning a holster to accommodate a 3" belt.

I too have issues with my kilt belt, and my sporran is too small and to slow to draw from for my full size M&P 9. :biggrinjester:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Smokey613
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Smokey613 »

txsmiley kf5wre wrote:And you don,t were sunglass with a cowboy hat..
Not so sure... This guy manages to pull it off pretty well. :cool:

Texas LEO / TCOLE Firearms Instructor / LTC / Glock Armorer / NRA Endowment-Life Member

Steve

Post by Steve »

My holster is part of my outfit, and thus I like to insure it matches. I don't see why you would treat it differently than any other part of your outfit.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Now I need to get a belt to match the beautiful holster I just received from RD Warren. http://www.texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=82826 (Just kidding folks.)

Chas.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:Now I need to get a belt to match the beautiful holster I just received from RD Warren. http://www.texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=82826 (Just kidding folks.)

Chas.
Those are nice. I was just looking at them thinking if I got a black one with brown accents, I would have both colors covered.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell »

JustSomeOldGuy wrote:Periodically shopping with the wife, she sees something she wants to try on and sez "hold my purse". To which I have responded in the past "I don't wanna, it doesn't match my boots and belt and people will think I CAN'T ACCESSORIZE". And she rolls her eyes and shoves the purse into my hands.
Which means that if I ever carry with non-matching gear, I KNOW I will NEVER hear the end of it from her.
You all consider yourselves warned........
ROTFLOL!!! Luckily most time my wife's purse at least "sorta" works with my wardrobe... :grumble
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:Now I need to get a belt to match the beautiful holster I just received from RD Warren. http://www.texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=82826 (Just kidding folks.)

Chas.

those are beautiful! and you'd be able to match with your boots, brown or black, it's easy.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

txsmiley kf5wre wrote:And you don,t were sunglass with a cowboy hat..
Tell that to Chuck. I mean Mr. Norris.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Not for OC, but I have often thought about covering the lower portion of my kydex holsters in denim or some kind of denim colored material to blend better with my jeans. I've thought that if my shirt should open or ride up that the holster would be more difficult to make out if it blended better. Suddenly Joe Pesci popped into my mind. I'm a mess sometimes. :anamatedbanana
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

C-dub wrote:Not for OC, but I have often thought about covering the lower portion of my kydex holsters in denim or some kind of denim colored material to blend better with my jeans. I've thought that if my shirt should open or ride up that the holster would be more difficult to make out if it blended better. Suddenly Joe Pesci popped into my mind. I'm a mess sometimes. :anamatedbanana

I don't remember where I saw them, but there is at least one Kydex holster maker who has a denim Kydex he uses. It does look like denim. If I can find it I'll post the link.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”