IWB deep carry in hospital scrubs?

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

SpringerFan
Posts in topic: 1

Re: IWB deep carry in hospital scrubs?

Post by SpringerFan »

I wore scrubs for about 3 years, and experimented with a several carry set-ups. I found that a belly band was far and away the best choice for me. Any pistol I attached to scrub pants would not stay in place securely, regardless of clip or holster style. Even the diminutive LCP tended to shift and move around with draw-string scrubs. The type with belt loops might expand your carry options, but I have no experience with them. I wear the belly band over an undershirt for comfort, and very low on my waist. This places the pistol close to where it would be in a regular IWB holster, so muscle memory doesn't change much on the draw. With a decent cover garment, I can carry a substantial size pistol this way, minus a belt.
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."
Col. Jeff Cooper

Lena

Post by Lena »

I was called on duty that my son had been taken to Baylor Dallas with a problem I went in armed with issued S&W 66 2-1/2" and visible badge the ER doctor was offended to say the least and finally brought me a white semi coat to wear all I wanted to hear was about my son, the Baylor security finally came to speak with me and afterward said remove the coat if you wish, all came out ok for me just thought oddly of it at the time. Same as when I stopped by to eat lunch with my son in school yrs ago, never a word said.

My attitude was to avoid all issues if possible, I did so. Still do.
Stay Safe

stash

Post by stash »

When I wear shorts (none have a tight waistband) I carry a medium revolver or pistol using one of those velcro belts with no buckle about 1.25 inches wide. The gun goes in a Desantis pocket holster, and goes IWB and the belt is on the outside of the shorts. With that belt cinched up it is not going anywhere and is pretty comfortable.
TSRA
NRA
TFC
USMC 1961-1966

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

As already me mentioned if you are able I think ankle carry is best for scrubs. I know several doctors that wear scrubs and they all say ankle is best for them.

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”