Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Thinner gun belt

Post by The Annoyed Man »

https://www.koreessentials.com/collections/gun-belts

I have 4 of them.

You're welcome. :coolgleamA:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

WildBill
Posts in topic: 4

Post by WildBill »

The Annoyed Man wrote:https://www.koreessentials.com/collections/gun-belts

I have 4 of them.

You're welcome. :coolgleamA:
I have one and I am wearing it now. :cool:
NRA Endowment Member

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

WildBill,

All I know is my belt is a layer of elephant hide over bull hide, but in appearance it looks like all elephant hide.

The technical details of how it's put together (shrug of the shoulders) I don't know...

What I do know is it's thin, beautiful and holds my fully loaded Glock 19 with a fully loaded spare magazine belted on the opposite side of my holstered Glock19 and doesn't even begin to sag...

Of all the various gun belts I've owned over the years, this is THE one!

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Abraham wrote:WildBill,

All I know is my belt is a layer of elephant hide over bull hide, but in appearance it looks like all elephant hide.

The technical details of how it's put together (shrug of the shoulders) I don't know...

What I do know is it's thin, beautiful and holds my fully loaded Glock 19 with a fully loaded spare magazine belted on the opposite side of my holstered Glock19 and doesn't even begin to sag...

Of all the various gun belts I've owned over the years, this is THE one!
I have had my eye on one of their elephant hide belts, but never bought one.

I have never had an issue with the thickness of my belts.
I did have to buy a narrower Beltman when I bought some slacks with smaller belt loops.
The thickness of the bullhide belts with stiffener is about 0.23".

My Kore Essentials gunbelt is about 0.18" thick.
I carry my Beretta PX-4 SC OWB in a Fobus holster. It works quite well.
I really like the ability to adjust the belt in 1/4" increments.
NRA Endowment Member

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Abraham wrote:apvonkanel,

The last gun belt I had "The Beltman" make for me is the thinnest gun belt I've owned. Made of elephant and bullhide.

From their website: "During construction the elephant hide is laminated to a 9 oz. strap of bull hide with the internal stiffener included (no charge). The belt is then edged to our very high standards. The end result is a belt that looks great, is virtually abrasion-proof, and stiff enough to be a world class gunbelt. With the woven polyester stiffener already included, this may be the finest gun belt on the planet!"

I've had it for two years now and it still looks brand new.

It's a bit pricey, but you'll never wear out this belt and along with durability it's beautiful.

Visit their site and look them over. For reasons I can't explain, they don't look as thin in their photos, but they really are quite thin.
I'm looking at that elephant/bullhide belt, and it is beautiful, but it isn't as thin as the Kore Essentials belt, which in thinness is more like a business/dress belt. But it has an internal polymer reinforcement which makes it plenty stiff enough. Mine will support the weight of my Glock 17 with a 19 round mag, plus two spare 19 round mags on the off side. It has NO trouble supporting the weight of a G19 and one spare mag. I verified with them directly by phone and email that it would support the weight before ordering. They guaranteed it. So far they are fine. The only reason I have four of them is that I cut down my original two - a brown one and a black one - after I had lost a ton of weight, then I had put a few of those pounds back on, and the belts were too tight to wear. I shouldn't have cut them down as much as I did, so I ordered two more until I got that weight back off. Once I do, I'll just store the newer ones until I wear out the older ones. But those 4 belts together cost about the same as your elephant/bullhide belt. Man that thing looks sweet, but I've made my bed and have to sleep in it. Maybe some time down the road......

What my belt looks like:

What your belt looks like:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

RogueUSMC
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RogueUSMC »

The only problem I have had with THINNER belts is that the crossbreed clips don't like to hang on to the belt as well...the clip slips off of the belt sometimes. Not really a problem as I usually replace with Comp-tac C-clips that hold onto the belt top and bottom. Sometimes the metal clips just look nicer though...
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

ninjabread

Post by ninjabread »

I saw KORE ads on TV and thought is was a gimmick. Good to know they work. Even better to know they make a gun belt version.

Now where did I leave my credit card?
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

SigM4

Post by SigM4 »

Armour Belts

I have several of Mike's belts and they are works of art. I can easily say they are a step above my Beltman belts. I wear a 1.25" Armour dress belt it I'm doing business casual (in either black or brown) and have several of his gun belts. The best bet I've found for a thin yet very supportive gun belt is to order one of his 1.5" dress belts with the internal stiffener. The dedicated gun belts are very strong by themselves without the stiffener, but also very thick. The dress belts are much thinner, but with the stiffener are just as supportive.

His CS is also the best I've ever found in the belt business. He's very responsive and will help you walk through the options, asking questions along the way to ensure you're completely happy with your purchase. After years of wear Mike's belts stand the test of time.
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

rentz

Post by rentz »

glad i found this i'm looking for a thinner belt too, but funny enough my current belt is one of the recommended ones in the thread from comp-tac.
it's a great belt but some khakis have loops that are too small and the big problem i have is its not thin and flexible enough for looping through some owb holsters.

Take Down Sicko

Post by Take Down Sicko »

I've been wearing my Kore black belt for over a year and still looks great. Just days ago i got the brown belt just like the one TAM is wearing in the picture. It holds my S@W 686 4 inch without any problems and thats a pretty heavy gun. I wore it to the breakfast meet (KatyTX) couple of weeks ago.

Kadelic

Post by Kadelic »

You might take a look at the Maxpedition Liger gun belt. https://www.maxpedition.com/products/1- ... 1916865169

I wore mine for a couple years carrying either my M&P 9c or my Shield and two extra mag pouches, plus keys, and all the stuff in my pockets. It's only 5/32 (.156") thick. The material is leather like in appearance, but did not develop the sag that my Crossbreed leather belt did after a couple years. The only reason I quit wearing the Liger belt everyday is because I got an Ares Ageis belt. It's pretty thin too, and offers unlimited sizing increments as opposed to the holes of the Liger, but also more pricy and with a much thicker buckle.
Honor Necessity

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Take Down Sicko wrote:I've been wearing my Kore black belt for over a year and still looks great. Just days ago i got the brown belt just like the one TAM is wearing in the picture. It holds my S@W 686 4 inch without any problems and thats a pretty heavy gun. I wore it to the breakfast meet (KatyTX) couple of weeks ago.
I think TAM is using a body double for that picture. :mrgreen:
NRA Endowment Member

SecurityGeek

Post by SecurityGeek »

I tried one of the reinforced Klik Belts (https://www.klikbelts.com) and it seems sufficiently stout. Much lighter and easier-wearing than my double-thickness bullhide gun belts too, especially with shorts and summer weight clothing.
"How old would you be if you didn't know how old you was?"
- S. Paige

SigM4

Post by SigM4 »

SecurityGeek wrote:I tried one of the reinforced Klik Belts (https://www.klikbelts.com) and it seems sufficiently stout. Much lighter and easier-wearing than my double-thickness bullhide gun belts too, especially with shorts and summer weight clothing.
Thanks for the tip. I just ordered one to try out.
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

WinoVeritas

Post by WinoVeritas »

Take a look at NexBelt / Blade-Tech Ultimate Carry Belt in leather face. I bought a couple of the woven and have been quite impressed with their ease of use and infinite 1/4" adjustment. They are quite stiff across and flexible at the same time for wrapping waist. Works great for IWB or OWB. Info on NexBelt site says it's about 3/16" thick x 1-7/16" wide. The web/woven belts (no leather) are less than 3/16" thick by about 1/32".

https://www.nexbelt.com/collections/leather-gun-belts

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”