Need a holster carry position recommendation

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

karatedad
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Need a holster carry position recommendation

Post by karatedad »

You might consider cross draw at 9:00 position. I spend a lot of time in the truck and this works for me. No issues with the gun and the seat and it isn't trapped by the seat belt. Took a couple tries to get the cant adjusted correctly and now IWB is on the left and OWB is on the right.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Post by C-dub »

Oh, the problems of being too thin.

I have a 34-35" waist and have enough gap in my truck's seats to semi-comfortably carry a full size glock 21SF .45 with a TLR-1 light attached in an OWB holster and a double mag carrier on the other side. I have a Nissan Titan. What kind of truck leaves you no room with only a 29" waist to carry a smaller handgun?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Topic author
Budge
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Budge »

Thank you to everyone for their responses. I've decided to go with an FBI cant at 3:30. That allows the gun grip to sit just in front of my side bolsters in my car while keeping the slide just behind my hip. I'm leaning towards one of the Garrett leather lined holsters to protect my equinox finish. Now I just need to decide on OWB or IWB

Karatedad, I'd have to use a negative cant for 8:30 for the same reason I'd need a positive cant at 3:30 (car seat side bolsters on both sides). Also, the positive cant lets me carry MOB when I want to as well.

Wag2323, I definitely am going to stick with a single clip design for IWB carry of a small gun like this. Although very comfortable, the double clips holsters are a pain to set up and not very adjustable once installed. I actually prefer a single clip that's NOT mounted on the slide, but rather below the trigger guard (or next to it) so that you cut down on thickness.

C-dub, I have a Ram 1500, but I doubt that's the problem. It's my body shape and the fact that I have no padding on my bones. I used to have a 33 inch waist and I weighed closer to 180. I might have been able to get away with it back then. I will admit that right now I am too thin for my own liking. I'm not complaining, but it's certainly a factor in this situation.

John Galt

Post by John Galt »

Wag2323 wrote:If you don't tuck in your shirts have you tried the single clip IWB type holsters? Those you can slide around on your belt some. Your gun isnt that big so a crossbreed 2 clip type holster i would say could be over kill. I carry a Kahr CW9 most of the time with a single clip IWB.
:iagree: My Galco Triton Kydex IWB is my belt holster of choice, and as Wag says it is easy to move around for comfort with the one clip.

RogerPease

Post by RogerPease »

I think you should try OWB holster. You can wear it under a jacket, T-shirt or an untucked shirt, though they can be used for open carry. I have CrossBreed OWB DropSlide holster which is affordable yet effective. No matter what's the circumstances, it always very comfortable. you can find most holsters here: https://solidgear.net/holsters
Last edited by RogerPease on Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Setxjeff

Post by Setxjeff »

I am 6'4" 250 and have found a crossdraw is the most comfortable and almost invisible.
TSRA Member
M1 Garand Collectors Association

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”