Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
1s1k52
Posts in topic: 4

Glock Night Sights Needed

Post by 1s1k52 »

Plan- to find a set of Glock night sights that have a

Front- .120 width and standard height. Red circle/tritium insert
Rear- .14 notch if not smaller with tritium inserts with no white circle.

Trijicon HDXRs would do it IF the rear wasn't so sharp.

Sooo I looked at an Ameriglo TCAP front and Operator Rear GL-146R.

Can only find the TCAP in green and the rear GL-146R can't be found besides Optics Planet. I don't order from them...ever...

This is for my duty gun and backup so due to regulations Fiber sights are out.

Thoughts ?
(insert clever signature here)

comp73
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Glock Night Sights Needed

Post by comp73 »

I was able to find the ameriglo's on their website.

https://ameriglo.com/collections/glock

The rears show to be in stock. I did not see a round front sight that met your specs, but they do show a square front sight that does.

GL-212-165-120-OR-Q
One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. -Thomas Jefferson

Topic author
1s1k52

Post by 1s1k52 »

I actually risked it and went with Optics Planet. It was great purchase and came at an "ok" shipping rate. I attached before and after pics. I'm far from a photographer.
Sights
Sights
Sights 2
Sights 2

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Post by C-dub »

Glad you found something you like. I don't think my Trijicon HD rear sights are all that sharp. I have the ones with orange around the front sight. I like the okay, but may go with the XS big dot night sights the next time I have to get a new set. I've also heard good things about them.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

C-dub wrote:Glad you found something you like. I don't think my Trijicon HD rear sights are all that sharp. I have the ones with orange around the front sight. I like the okay, but may go with the XS big dot night sights the next time I have to get a new set. I've also heard good things about them.
I use XS Big Dots on all of my pistols and my AR 15.

Topic author
1s1k52

Post by 1s1k52 »

carlson1 wrote:
C-dub wrote:Glad you found something you like. I don't think my Trijicon HD rear sights are all that sharp. I have the ones with orange around the front sight. I like the okay, but may go with the XS big dot night sights the next time I have to get a new set. I've also heard good things about them.
I use XS Big Dots on all of my pistols and my AR 15.
I have never used these particular sights. currently just running magpul Gen 2s on the AR.

Little update on the Glock sight combo I put together. I contacted Ameriglo and let them know I liked them and they should think of selling it as a package over the current combos they had as is provides a tighter sight picture. They thanked me for my opinion but currently have no plans to do so lol.

at some point I will own a Glock with a .125 front and rear.

Topic author
1s1k52

Post by 1s1k52 »

like your avatar. Thanks for your support.

Rhino1

Post by Rhino1 »

I have two Glock 19s that I installed and the Ameriglo CAP sights GL-624 that I love. Narrower front sight works great with my old eyes so see a lot of space between front and rear. They are green though rather than red (I prefer green which I see better than red). Wish they had something similar for my S&W M&Ps.
The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Post by C-dub »

1s1k52 wrote:
like your avatar. Thanks for your support.
:tiphat: :thumbs2:
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”