Fat Guy Carry...

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 15

Re: Fat Guy Carry...

Post by Grundy1133 »

LimaCharlie3 wrote:I like options. I prefer owb with an untucked shirt. When I can’t do that I carry a Berretta Pico in the front pocket. I can conceal a “big” gun iwb at 4 o’clock comfortably, as well. Sure I’m gonna feel it sometimes. In all cases I carry a spare mag in a horizontal knife case owb on the weak side. Keep in mind that in normal everyday passing, nobody will notice a print or bottom of holster peeking out.
I conceal a full size M&P .40 at 9 o'clock with IWB(as seen in my pic) and an extra 15 rd mag at 4 o'clock in an IWB mag holster. as a bigger guy are OWB holsters comfortable? my hybrid leather/kydex IWB holster is comfy, but its a pain to put on and take off on the fly (if i need to) and kydex IWB holsters stab the side of my gut (as pictured above lol) are OWB holsters easy to get on and off? and do you feel it as the day goes on? does it get uncomfortable or do you sometimes forget you have it on?
NRA Member

LimaCharlie3
Posts in topic: 2

Post by LimaCharlie3 »

Ohh yeah owb is more comfortable to me. I use a fobus for the .380 and and .40 and also a belt slide holster for each of those too. The belt slide keeps the gun snug against the body and conceals a little better. The fobus are both paddles which allows you to navigate position regardless of belt loops. Also easy on/off.
I’ve been carrying concealed for 29 years now and I’ve certainly made a few changes as I’ve gotten bigger.

DocV
Posts in topic: 1

Post by DocV »

Grundy1133 wrote:
NNT wrote:I made an IWB hybrid like crossbreed for a Sccy cpx2. I dont need special belt. I carry at about 5 and it is very comfortable. I always wear undershirt so I get no rubbing.

Similar size to grundy1133
what kinda undershirts do you wear? all the shirts i find either come untucked, or are so heavy that they get way too hot.
Try https://www.duluthtrading.com/search/se ... or=content
I am not amply endowed but constantly struggle with T-shirts that either shrink or are too short to stay tucked in.

NNT

Post by NNT »

Shrinking can be an issue. As can untucking. Long thin cotton T. Not brand specific. It is more to act as a friction barrier than as a cushion or pad.

Jago668

Post by Jago668 »

DocV wrote:
Grundy1133 wrote:
NNT wrote:I made an IWB hybrid like crossbreed for a Sccy cpx2. I dont need special belt. I carry at about 5 and it is very comfortable. I always wear undershirt so I get no rubbing.

Similar size to grundy1133
what kinda undershirts do you wear? all the shirts i find either come untucked, or are so heavy that they get way too hot.
Try https://www.duluthtrading.com/search/se ... or=content
I am not amply endowed but constantly struggle with T-shirts that either shrink or are too short to stay tucked in.
https://www.kingsizedirect.com/

Is who I get my undershirts from. Can get various color undershirts in big or tall. The tall are longer and are easier to keep tucked in.
NRA Benefactor Member

spectre
Banned

Post by spectre »

Have you tried a wheelbarrow? like this
I'm in a good place right now
Not emotionally or financially
But I am at the gun store

Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

spectre wrote:Have you tried a wheelbarrow? like this
I don't get it.
NRA Member

Richbirdhunter

Post by Richbirdhunter »

Grundy1133 wrote:
I don't get it.

He’s being funny, fat guys need to be wheeled around in a wheelbarrow.
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.

Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

Richbirdhunter wrote:
Grundy1133 wrote:
I don't get it.

He’s being funny, fat guys need to be wheeled around in a wheelbarrow.
ooooh he thinks he's funny by making fun of fat people. gotcha. :thumbs2:
NRA Member

flechero
Posts in topic: 3

Post by flechero »

An undershirt tip for my brothers here....

Cool, comfy and inexpensive. Best of all they don't "stick" to your over shirts causing bunching.

https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/men/airism ... irism-mesh

Available in a bunch of colors and styles

The link is the the mesh style, which allows air to move through and is cooler than almost any other undershirt I've tried (which is most of the available brands and styles) in the past 10 years.

ETA: they are pretty stretchy so shrinking hasn't been an issue at all.

Maxwell
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Maxwell »

5' 10", 250lbs. Not svelte by any means... and couldn't carry IWB Appendix if I had to!

I carry at 3:30 strong side in a good IWB leather holster. An untucked polo or even a loose t-shirt cover it well.
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

oh btw if any bigger guys are looking for inexpensive undershirts walmart.com has big and tall (up to 4XLT) sleeveless tagless hanes undershirts. 3 pack for $15. my local wal mart doesnt carry big and tall so when i saw these on walmarts site for $15 (opposed to $30 on other retail sites for the same brand...) I bought 2 packs of em. hope this helps anyone out there looking for some big and tall undershirts
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Hanes-Big-an ... t/29390641
NRA Member

Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

flechero wrote:An undershirt tip for my brothers here....

Cool, comfy and inexpensive. Best of all they don't "stick" to your over shirts causing bunching.

The link is the the mesh style, which allows air to move through and is cooler than almost any other undershirt I've tried (which is most of the available brands and styles) in the past 10 years.

i used to wear under armor tank tops when i was smaller. they hugged the body well and kept me extremely cool. but ive gotten bigger and cant fit into a lot of under armor anymore ill definitely check these out.
EDIT: they don't have any in Talls... :( i need tall shirts otherwise they come untucked... being tall and big is a curse sometimes lol
NRA Member

flechero
Posts in topic: 3

Post by flechero »

Grundy1133 wrote:

i used to wear under armor tank tops when i was smaller. they hugged the body well and kept me extremely cool. but ive gotten bigger and cant fit into a lot of under armor anymore ill definitely check these out.
EDIT: they don't have any in Talls... :( i need tall shirts otherwise they come untucked... being tall and big is a curse sometimes lol
They are pretty long.... I'm 6'1" and down to 225lbs... I wear an xl or xxl shirt but only a large in these undershirts and they come to top/mid thigh when I "pull the wrinkles out." No hint of riding up or coming untucked. The fact that are nice and stretchy allows them to give when you move and keeps them from riding up. Well worth a try if you haven't found your Grail undershirt

Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

flechero wrote:
Grundy1133 wrote:

They are pretty long.... I'm 6'1" and down to 225lbs... I wear an xl or xxl shirt but only a large in these undershirts and they come to top/mid thigh when I "pull the wrinkles out." No hint of riding up or coming untucked. The fact that are nice and stretchy allows them to give when you move and keeps them from riding up. Well worth a try if you haven't found your Grail undershirt
I may buy one and give em a go. if i like em ill get more if not then its not really a big loss.
NRA Member

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”