Kore Belt

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Tex1961
Posts in topic: 3

Kore Belt

Post by Tex1961 »

I just ordered a Kore belt and am anxiously awaiting for it to arrive. My chose was based mostly on the positive posts on the forum. So, are all of you Kore belt owners still happy with your purchase and have they held up well for you?

I got tired of switching between the to tight and to loose holes in my old belt.

WildBill

Re: Kore Belt

Post by WildBill »

Tex1961 wrote:I just ordered a Kore belt and am anxiously awaiting for it to arrive. My chose was based mostly on the positive posts on the forum. So, are all of you Kore belt owners still happy with your purchase and have they held up well for you?

I got tired of switching between the to tight and to loose holes in my old belt.
I was happy with my Kore belt for a couple years, but recently it has started to deteriorate.
The leather has seperated from the base material and is shredding. Recently the buckle clamp
will not keep a firm grip on the belt and it has slipped out a few times. I have stopped wearing
the belt and do not know if I will order a replacement.
NRA Endowment Member

skeathley
Posts in topic: 1

Post by skeathley »

I have only had mine a few months, but am very happy with it. Besides holding the weight of the gun firmly, it also gives my back good support.

:thumbs2:
Texas LTC Instructor / RSO / SSC
Viet Nam Veteran: 25th Infantry, Cu Chi
https://mckinneyfirearmstraining.com

oljames3
Posts in topic: 6

Post by oljames3 »

Tex1961 wrote:I just ordered a Kore belt and am anxiously awaiting for it to arrive. My chose was based mostly on the positive posts on the forum. So, are all of you Kore belt owners still happy with your purchase and have they held up well for you?

I've had my two Kore Essentials belts for a year with no issues. My younger brother received his last week and it seems to be a little thicker than mine.

These are the only belts I wear. I carry my S&W M&P M2.0 9mm 5inch openly in a Safariland ALS holster with two extra magazines and other things. One of my belts is black and the other is brown. I wear the black one primarily. I wore the brown one so rarely that I gave it to my father.

This picture shows my EDC on the brown belt.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

WildBill wrote:

I was happy with my Kore belt for a couple years, but recently it has started to deteriorate.
The leather has seperated from the base material and is shredding. Recently the buckle clamp
will not keep a firm grip on the belt and it has slipped out a few times. I have stopped wearing
My experience parallels WildBill’s. They are an affordable alternative, and getting the proper fit is easy, but they’re not as indestructible as a heavy gunbelt.

I keep coming back to my Wilderness Tactical Instructor’s Belt.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Take Down Sicko

Post by Take Down Sicko »

I also have two kore essential gun belts. Both have held up very well over the two years that iv had them. Only scratch i have is on the black belt from when i leaned against a brick wall one day. Its very convenient when i have to adjust it on the fly. :mrgreen:

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
WildBill wrote:

My experience parallels WildBill’s. They are an affordable alternative, and getting the proper fit is easy, but they’re not as indestructible as a heavy gunbelt.

I like my Wilderness Tactical Instructor's Belts, but I have lost pounds and inches so they don't fit.
NRA Endowment Member

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

WildBill wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
WildBill wrote:

I like my Wilderness Tactical Instructor's Belts, but I have lost pounds and inches so they don't fit.
Wilderness Tactical actually has a program where you can send them the old belt buckle and save the price on a new belt; or you can send them the old belt and buckle and they can cut it to length and attach new Velcro, and save you money that way. There’s information somewhere on their website about that. I guess I’m “lucky”, in that I own three of them, and they are at different lengths due to my own weight loss/gain/loss/gain journey.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

Just got the belt in today.. And very impressed with the quality and ease of use adjusting it. Really appreciate all of the responses..

Take Down Sicko

Post by Take Down Sicko »

Tex1961 wrote:Just got the belt in today.. And very impressed with the quality and ease of use adjusting it. Really appreciate all of the responses..
Be sure you dont cut it too short. Better to cut it a little at a time until you get it just right.

Topic author
Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

Take Down Sicko wrote:
Tex1961 wrote:Just got the belt in today.. And very impressed with the quality and ease of use adjusting it. Really appreciate all of the responses..
Be sure you dont cut it too short. Better to cut it a little at a time until you get it just right.
I started at 2 inches... And glad I did after I put my IWB holster on... I probably could cut another inch or so off, but we'll see how the diet goes...

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
WildBill wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
WildBill wrote:

Wilderness Tactical actually has a program where you can send them the old belt buckle and save the price on a new belt; or you can send them the old belt and buckle and they can cut it to length and attach new Velcro, and save you money that way. There’s information somewhere on their website about that. I guess I’m “lucky”, in that I own three of them, and they are at different lengths due to my own weight loss/gain/loss/gain journey.
I have three of them, all the same size. :cryin
NRA Endowment Member

Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Grundy1133 »

I have a bigfoot gun belt with a steel core insert. I love it. I actually need to punch more holes in it... Im starting to lose weight and need more holes. i wonder how im gonna punch thru that steel insert tho... lol
NRA Member

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 1

Post by bblhd672 »

oljames3 wrote:

I've had my two Kore Essentials belts for a year with no issues. My younger brother received his last week and it seems to be a little thicker than mine.

These are the only belts I wear. I carry my S&W M&P M2.0 9mm 5inch openly in a Safariland ALS holster with two extra magazines and other things. One of my belts is black and the other is brown. I wear the black one primarily. I wore the brown one so rarely that I gave it to my father.

Do you were that rig as your pants belt too or over your pants belt as a gun belt only?
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

oljames3
Posts in topic: 6

Post by oljames3 »

The picture below shows my every day carry. I wear the Kore Essentials gun belt as my pants belt, not as a duty belt. In this picture, I wanted to show the belt I use to hold my pants up and how I position the gear I carry daily. I find the Kore belt to be effective in carrying my EDC gear. The belt cost me $60. It is about 1/4" thick. Two layers of leather with reinforcing in the middle. For me, the price is right for the support and durability I get from the belt.
bblhd672 wrote:
oljames3 wrote:

Do you were that rig as your pants belt too or over your pants belt as a gun belt only?
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”