Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Killadocg23
Posts in topic: 2

Xd 2 mod 2 holster?

Post by Killadocg23 »

Hi,
Looking at the Serpa holtser or the Springfield belt or the Springfield paddle holster for owb. Pros and cons of each.

Middle Age Russ
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Xd 2 mod 2 holster?

Post by Middle Age Russ »

YMMV, of course, but I'd shy away from the SERPA. Many trainers will not allow these in their classes due to the tendency for users to press the release like a button with the tip of their finger instead of releasing it as intended with the finger straight. Using the tip of the finger risks the fingertip going into the trigger guard and pressing the trigger as the gun is drawn. There are documented cases where folks -- even well trained folks -- have had unintended discharges in this manner, sometimes injuring themselves. I value training, and I shy away from equipment that I cannot go train with.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

Topic author
Killadocg23
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Xd 2 mod 2 holster?

Post by Killadocg23 »

Middle Age Russ wrote:YMMV, of course, but I'd shy away from the SERPA. Many trainers will not allow these in their classes due to the tendency for users to press the release like a button with the tip of their finger instead of releasing it as intended with the finger straight. Using the tip of the finger risks the fingertip going into the trigger guard and pressing the trigger as the gun is drawn. There are documented cases where folks -- even well trained folks -- have had unintended discharges in this manner, sometimes injuring themselves. I value training, and I shy away from equipment that I cannot go train with.
Thanks. Was thinking the same thing now to decide between a paddle or belt holster from Springfield...

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”