Safariland 6376 ALS Concealment High Ride Belt Slide Holster

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
SIGFan43
Posts in topic: 3

Safariland 6376 ALS Concealment High Ride Belt Slide Holster

Post by SIGFan43 »

Has anyone ever seen one of these up close? I've seen the Safariland video about this holster, but it really doesn't clarify my main question: It appears that the optional ALS guard may not work with this holster, because the photos I've seen appear to have three screws on the belt slide that are not adjustable or removable (which is required to use the ALS guard). Also, I'm under no illusion that this holster would be "concealable," unless worn under a jacket of some bulk. (My favorite concealment jacket is an older ScottEVest 3.0 similar to the new Enforcer jacket.) I ordered it two weeks ago to use for open carry (rarely), but wanted the ALS guard on it, too. My holster order is already two weeks old, and status is "processing." My pistol is a SIG P239, and my everyday concealment holster is a Vedder Light Tuck IWB under a shirt, but it makes me nervous to open carry with that Level 1 holster, so I use a leather Gould & Goodrich with a thumb tab restraint.
SIGFan43
Where am I going, and why am I in this handbasket?

oljames3

Re: Safariland 6376 ALS Concealment High Ride Belt Slide Holster

Post by oljames3 »

SIGFan43 wrote:Has anyone ever seen one of these up close? I've seen the Safariland video about this holster, but it really doesn't clarify my main question: It appears that the optional ALS guard may not work with this holster, because the photos I've seen appear to have three screws on the belt slide that are not adjustable or removable (which is required to use the ALS guard). Also, I'm under no illusion that this holster would be "concealable," unless worn under a jacket of some bulk. (My favorite concealment jacket is an older ScottEVest 3.0 similar to the new Enforcer jacket.) I ordered it two weeks ago to use for open carry (rarely), but wanted the ALS guard on it, too. My holster order is already two weeks old, and status is "processing." My pistol is a SIG P239, and my everyday concealment holster is a Vedder Light Tuck IWB under a shirt, but it makes me nervous to open carry with that Level 1 holster, so I use a leather Gould & Goodrich with a thumb tab restraint.
I carry my S&W M&P M2.0 9mm 5inch in a Safariland 7TS ALS (7378) with Guard. The Guard uses the top two screws and mounts between the slide and the holster. The picture on the Safariland web site is rotated 90 degrees counterclockwise. The top two holes in the Guard are horizontal when mounted. I can send pictures, if that helps.

I think you would enjoy reading Safariland's description of retention levels. By Safariland definition, any holster that allows the pistol to be removed by simply pulling on it is not a retention holster.
https://www.safariland.com/on/demandwar ... etails.pdf
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Topic author
SIGFan43

Post by SIGFan43 »

Perhaps I overly complicated my OP. My only concern is whether or not the screws on the unique high ride belt clip are even removable, so I can install the ALS guard. I have the guard in my possession, but not the holster; perhaps I should have waited until I received the actual holster before posing my question. I understand from the instructions in the package how to install the guard; I'm just not sure the holster I'm waiting on is compatible with the guard at all.
SIGFan43

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

As far as I know, all of the Safariland ALS holsters attach to the slide/paddle/adapter the same way. The ALS holsters are what Safariland calls "3-hole patterned".

This picture shows the back of the model 6376 ALS Concealment Hi-Ride Belt Slide Holster. You can see the screws of the "3-hole pattern". These screws remove so that you can attach a different slide/paddle/adapter.

I attached my 7TS ALS to the QLS fork and attached the QLS receiver to my belt slide, all with the "3-hole pattern" screws. All of the screws are removable.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Topic author
SIGFan43

Post by SIGFan43 »

Oljames, you're probably correct. On first glance, I thought the screw heads had a round hole, but it appears to be a very small hex head hole. The wrench supplied with the guard is too large to fit, though, but I have a whole set of hex wrenches. Even the video on uTube shows the ALS guard installed, so I'm good. FedEx is delivering my holster on Tuesday, so I'm excited now.
SIGFan43

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

I really enjoy my 7TS ALS. Once I deactivate the retention, drawing is effortless. There is no resistence as there is with a holster that uses friction to hold the pistol in place.

I am sure you will enjoy your ALS holster.

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”