Women’s Holster Recommendations

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
jeffbird
Posts in topic: 2

Women’s Holster Recommendations

Post by jeffbird »

Would like some recommendations for IWB and OWB holsters for women for concealed carry.

Would especially like to hear from the ladies.

I am trying to help my wife go to on the body rather than purse with her Glock 19.

Janie, especially would like your thoughts and recommendations.

oljames3

Re: Women’s Holster Recommendations

Post by oljames3 »

jeffbird wrote:Would like some recommendations for IWB and OWB holsters for women for concealed carry.

Would especially like to hear from the ladies.

I am trying to help my wife go to on the body rather than purse with her Glock 19.

Janie, especially would like your thoughts and recommendations.
Is your wife really interesed? Will she wear a belt? My wife carried off body for five years before she had a situation-induced epiphony and realized she needed to carry on her person. She will not wear a belt. She carries her Walther PPS M2 in a Remora reinforced-opening holster in her front pocket.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Topic author
jeffbird

Post by jeffbird »

She is consistent in taking it with her in specially designed purses, but is open to trying on body carry. So looking for advice, especially from women who really carry.

flechero
Posts in topic: 1

Post by flechero »

go to http://www.corneredcat.com/ and read Kathy's articles... and then show your wife the site- it's gold for the wives!

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

flechero wrote:go to http://www.corneredcat.com/ and read Kathy's articles... and then show your wife the site- it's gold for the wives!
:iagree: on Cornered Cat.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

Whether male or female, there's Tucker gun leather and there's everything else.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

troglodyte

Post by troglodyte »

Not a woman but my wife is and she carries everyday. In the winter she wears an Undertech hoster shirt. Now that it is warmer she wears the Undertech compression shorts. She really likes them.

You do have to understand that my wife while well dressed, doesn't wear the latest trends. When she is wearing the Undertech gear she is wearing fairly loose tops that hides her P938 well.

She still carries in her purse at times but it is becoming more infrequent as she gets comfortable with other options.
Talon Firearms Training
Instructor - License To Carry, School Safety, First Responder: Texas DPS, Certified Instructor: Rangemasters/Tom Givens
NRA Instructor - Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Range Safety Officer
Stop The Bleed Instructor

cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

I’m glad your wife will carry. I can’t get my wife to even go take the class. She tells me that’s what she has me for. I told her I’m not always around so I can’t always protect you. She said she doesn’t want to deal with the headache of changing her clothes and having to deal with a gun. She is a great shot. In fact she is very good and she’s only been shooing a few times. She has her Smith 642 that she practices with and keeps it in a certain place for home defense if I’m gone but that’s as far to carry as I can get her.

I know there’s the flashbang bra holster but a Glock 19 would be too heavy I’m guessing. Another popular one I’ve seen is the N82 tactical hers holster. Good luck!

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

My wife went to the gun show with some of her girl friends (WITHOUT ME, not right :mrgreen: ) and picked up one of these:
https://athenasarmory.com/product/sticky-iwb-holster/
When I saw it my first thought she won't wear that long or it will just slide down the leg of her britches (pants for you younger folks). However, she wears it daily and has not had an issue yet. I was so glad it works for her because purse carry in Dallas was not an option and she didn't care for a belt.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

I like the Kusiak Leather holster with my LCP. It has a clip on it, doesn't necc have to go on a belt, I wear it straight on my jeans waistband. The clip on it is at the right place to have the gun below the waistband. I'm short between my waist and my bust, too high and my gun would be poking me in tender parts, this holster is perfect.
On my curve, I just use the clip that came on it.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

RPBrown wrote:My wife went to the gun show with some of her girl friends (WITHOUT ME, not right :mrgreen: ) and picked up one of these:
When I saw it my first thought she won't wear that long or it will just slide down the leg of her britches (pants for you younger folks). However, she wears it daily and has not had an issue yet. I was so glad it works for her because purse carry in Dallas was not an option and she didn't care for a belt.
At the NRA convention, I bought one of those for my Sig P938. https://stickyholsters.com/sm-5.html

I'm using it as a pocket holster. I don't see myself ever using it for IWB.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Pawpaw wrote:
RPBrown wrote:My wife went to the gun show with some of her girl friends (WITHOUT ME, not right :mrgreen: ) and picked up one of these:
At the NRA convention, I bought one of those for my Sig P938. https://stickyholsters.com/sm-5.html

I'm using it as a pocket holster. I don't see myself ever using it for IWB.
I wouldn’t use it IWB either but it works well for her and she carries every day
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”