R&R holsters BEWARE

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
cmgee67
Posts in topic: 5

R&R holsters BEWARE

Post by cmgee67 »

So I was browsing through amazon and looking at what owb holsters were there for the sig p365. I came across a company called R&R holsters. The price was about 30$ shipped so I decided what the heck give them a shot. I ordered their Kydex owb holster. Reviews seemed to be pretty good and I figured it would be a good range/on the property holster. I received it today and was very dissatisfied. Number 1 it did not fully cover the trigger guard. There was almost a 1/4” uncovered on both sides. Say what you will but if there’s a gap there’s a chance of something getting in there and pulling that trigger. Number 2 the retention was awful. When I did the shake test on the holster with the gun inserted it would come out with little effort. Yes the gun was unloaded. You could turn it upside down and with a very gentle shake it would pop right out. This is unacceptable to me. I wouldn’t trust it to stay in the holster if I fell down or got bumped. Number 3 the fit and finish was not very good. Eyelets were smashed on the backside, and the edges were not very smooth or polished and kind of jagged in some areas. The holster also didn’t have a sweat guard which is a must for me. Moral of this story is don’t expect to get a quality holster at that price. There is a reason Vedder holsters and other reputable companies charge what they do. I just wanted to share my experience and save someone some grief. I will be returning the holster for a refund and ordering one from a high quality manufacturer.

oohrah
Posts in topic: 1

Re: R&R holsters BEWARE

Post by oohrah »

And you could do future Amazon shoppers a favor by leaving a review. Thanks for the review.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I’ve only ever bought one holster on Amazon—a Gould & Goodrich shoulder holder system for my G19. The quality is more than adequate. In fact, the shoulder straps are wider and more comfortable than those on my Galco Miami Classic rig. I did recently buy a Raven Concealment Systems "Rerun" OWB holster. I bought direct from Raven rather than through Amazon, but the price was only $39.99. It’s made from an injection molded polymer which they claim is considerably stronger than kydex. It’s ambidextrous, which is important to me—being left handed. Retention is adjustable and pretty good. It’s also configurable for cant, and comes with three sets of belt loops (LH 10 degree cant, RH 10 degree cant, and ambi 0 degree cant).

So far, I’m pretty satisfied with it. It’s not a BBQ holster, but it is comfortable, works exactly as advertised, and you can’t beat the price.

I’ve also had a Gould & Goodrich paddle holster in my "save for later" basket on Amazon that you might want to look at. It looks like the same quality as my shoulder rig, which is pretty good. https://www.amazon.com/Gould-Goodrich-8 ... ay&sr=8-13. I almost bought it just now, but held off because the antici,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,...PAtion makes it better. :lol:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

TAM I’ve got a bravo concealment holster that’s coming. They are switching all of their holsters to that same material. They said they same thing that it’s tougher than Kydex. I’ve never had issues with Kydex but I’m willing to give a new material a shot.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

cmgee did you order for the P365 or did you go the Glock route?

Topic author
cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

Made specifically for the 365

flechero

Post by flechero »

cmgee67 wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:47 pm. I will be returning the holster for a refund and ordering one from a high quality manufacturer.
I like JM Custom Kydex, but they are not cheap. However, this is a pretty good "cheap" holster place... $35 for a well molded kydex rig with adjustable cant. My only complaint is that they are kind of square and you may need to sand a radius onto the corners if it pokes you.

https://www.concealmentexpress.com/coll ... ex-holster

Topic author
cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

I’ve used concealment xpress with great success. They can be ordered off amazon. Adjustable can’t and retention. That’s what I bought first for the 365. But they square off the muzzle area and I always have to round it off a little to make it comfortable so it doesn’t poke me

flowrie
Posts in topic: 2

Post by flowrie »

Try this company, I have purchased several and app with their product and service.
https://onyour6designs.com/product/sig-sauer-holster/
Former NRA Life Member
1911 fan

flowrie
Posts in topic: 2

Post by flowrie »

Happy with their product and service.
Former NRA Life Member
1911 fan

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

For $49.50 you can get a Safariland 7TS ALS holster for your Sig. This is the holster I use to carry my S&W M&P M2.0 9mm 5inch. Your Sig will not come out of the holster until you want it to.
http://www.safariland.com/products/hols ... ne&start=1
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

cmgee67 wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:48 pm I’ve used concealment xpress with great success. They can be ordered off amazon. Adjustable can’t and retention. That’s what I bought first for the 365. But they square off the muzzle area and I always have to round it off a little to make it comfortable so it doesn’t poke me
I'm a fan of Concealment Express too. Excellent quality, great price, ready availability - what more can you ask?
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Topic author
cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

oljames3 wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:16 pm For $49.50 you can get a Safariland 7TS ALS holster for your Sig. This is the holster I use to carry my S&W M&P M2.0 9mm 5inch. Your Sig will not come out of the holster until you want it to.
http://www.safariland.com/products/hols ... ne&start=1
I wasn’t aware they made it for my sig. I have a couple for different Glocks and really like them.

I have tried on your 6 before and have had good success with them.

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”