My new holster! Falco Holsters

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Maxwell
Posts in topic: 4

My new holster! Falco Holsters

Post by Maxwell »

I just received my new holster from Falco Holsters.
Custom fitted, custom cant, and lined for under $100! It took 6 weeks from order to door step!

This is the "Merlin A214"
https://www.falcoholsters.com/

It's very, very close to what the big brand custom holsters are but for the price and turn-around time they are phenomenal.
Customer service was also exceptional!

Take a look at them!

Max
Last edited by Maxwell on Fri May 08, 2020 10:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

oljames3
Posts in topic: 1

Re: My new holster! Falco Holsters

Post by oljames3 »

Which Walther do you carry in it? IWB, OWB, or both?

https://www.falcoholsters.com/dual-iwb- ... ariant=825
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Topic author
Maxwell

Post by Maxwell »

Yes, and fixed!

I carry a P99c (AS) IWB. The cant on this is a custom 10 degrees since my wrist cannot bend for a full FBI cant anymore.

surferdaddy

Post by surferdaddy »

Interesting. I sometimes carry my P99 AS full size...this may be a good option for me.

Surfer
CHL/LTC instructor
NRA basic pistol/home firearm safety instructor.

surferdaddy

Post by surferdaddy »

I am wondering, is the holster molded and made evenly; as in like two even sides of a clam shell? Or is it molded more to the outside? Hmmm, this is hard to explain...oh wait, how flat is the back? I like the interior of a holster to not bulge to much towards my “bulge.”

Surfer
CHL/LTC instructor

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

surferdaddy wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 11:29 am I am wondering, is the holster molded and made evenly; as in like two even sides of a clam shell? Or is it molded more to the outside? Hmmm, this is hard to explain...oh wait, how flat is the back? I like the interior of a holster to not bulge to much towards my “bulge.”

Surfer
This is what you’re trying to illustrate:

This image came from the Galco page for their Concealable Belt Holster. I have one for a 5” 1911, and it is exceedingly comfortable. Most other makers don't seem to smooth out the inner curve the way Galco does on this particular model, although I do own other leather holsters from Bianchi/Safariland, Hopp Custom leather, and others that are very nearly as comfortable. I think that doing what Galco does with that model must take them longer to produce, since that model starts at $131 and goes up from there.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

eyedoc

Post by eyedoc »

I have a shoulder holster from them that I really like. They do good work.

surferdaddy

Post by surferdaddy »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 12:24 pm
surferdaddy wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 11:29 am I am wondering, is the holster molded and made evenly; as in like two even sides of a clam shell? Or is it molded more to the outside? Hmmm, this is hard to explain...oh wait, how flat is the back? I like the interior of a holster to not bulge to much towards my “bulge.”

Surfer
This is what you’re trying to illustrate:

This image came from the Galco page for their Concealable Belt Holster. I have one for a 5” 1911, and it is exceedingly comfortable. Most other makers don't seem to smooth out the inner curve the way Galco does on this particular model, although I do own other leather holsters from Bianchi/Safariland, Hopp Custom leather, and others that are very nearly as comfortable. I think that doing what Galco does with that model must take them longer to produce, since that model starts at $131 and goes up from there.
Yes, that is exactly what I’m talking about, I believe a few makers are doing this now. It makes a holster MUCH more comfortable imho.

Surfer
CHL/LTC instructor

Topic author
Maxwell

Post by Maxwell »

Surfer
It is “bulged” on the back, but no more than my Milt Sparks holsters. The wings flex enough that it is very comfortable IWB. FYI, I own two VM2 holsters and would have gotten another but Milt would no alter the cant. The Falco is very well made and was about 1/2 the price of the VM2, and a much shorter turnaround time. All in all I am very, very happy with what I got for the money!

Review: The holster is very well mad. The finish is even and clean and stitching is consistent and tight. I have worn it for 2 days now and it is comfortable IWB, also very stable and does not move. I like the way the loop snap around the belt instead of sticking up above the belt like some do.

The only Con is that the holster is listed as IWB or OWB. I would not use it OWB as the wings that help make it so comfortable IWB would lose stiffness over time and not hold the holster close to the body OWB. Otherwise I highly recommend Falco. High quality handmade for less than some machine made combined with fast turnaround and excellent customer service. Take a look, you will not be disappointed!

surferdaddy

Post by surferdaddy »

Maxwell wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 7:30 pm

Surfer
It is “bulged” on the back, but no more than my Milt Sparks holsters. The wings flex enough that it is very comfortable IWB. FYI, I own two VM2 holsters and would have gotten another but Milt would no alter the cant. The Falco is very well made and was about 1/2 the price of the VM2, and a much shorter turnaround time. All in all I am very, very happy with what I got for the money!

Review: The holster is very well mad. The finish is even and clean and stitching is consistent and tight. I have worn it for 2 days now and it is comfortable IWB, also very stable and does not move. I like the way the loop snap around the belt instead of sticking up above the belt like some do.

The only Con is that the holster is listed as IWB or OWB. I would not use it OWB as the wings that help make it so comfortable IWB would lose stiffness over time and not hold the holster close to the body OWB. Otherwise I highly recommend Falco. High quality handmade for less than some machine made combined with fast turnaround and excellent customer service. Take a look, you will not be disappointed!
I am definitely considering on for my P99. I have never tried a holster with that wing design.

I absolutely love my P99. I had a ppq before it that I also loved. The trigger was fantastic but it was so light that it kinda gave me the willies when I carried it. The P99 has a trigger just as good for me and with the double action option I no longer get the willies. I usually just put it in a sticky holster but it really needs some proper leather.

Surfer
CHL/LTC instructor

Topic author
Maxwell

Post by Maxwell »

I have both a PPQsc and the P99C AS and I like the AS trigger better for the same reasons.

As I stated, IWB it’s great, but I’d look at a different model for OWB. I want an OWB for my Beretta PX4.

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”