Tucker Gun Holster

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Take Down Sicko
Posts in topic: 7

Tucker Gun Holster

Post by Take Down Sicko »

I have a new holster ordered from Tucker gun leather for a gun i ordered from Budsguns.com. Gun should be here late this week and holster i was told will take eight weeks to receive. My renewed LTC may be in the mail box today but didnt go out to check until tomorrow. When i checked the status on it two days ago it said its been mailed. Now i'm anxious to receive all three.

gamboolman
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Tucker Gun Holster

Post by gamboolman »

TDS
I am real partial to Tucker Holsters and I expect you will be pleased.
In my experience they are worth the wait.
I have used the "Cover Up" for IWB and tucking in a shirt for at least the last 15 years or so.
For OWB I use the HF-1's.
I have several and have bought afew of them for our son.

I have worn Cowboy Belts all my life and only in the last 3 or 4 years did I buy a real gunbelt as so many folks recommend. They were and are right. It is amazing the difference that a real gun belt makes for both IWB and OWB carry.

If you are not already using a real gun belt, I recommend you get a real gun belt.

Can get them from Tucker and also from Tucker & Byrd.

I also have bought Holsters from Tucker and Byrd and they are excellent also.

All the best, gamboolman.... :txflag:
gamboolman
TSRA , GOA & NRA Life Member

longtooth
Posts in topic: 4

Post by longtooth »

I have several Tucker holsters, have given 2 as presents, also have one ordered now for a new to me 1911 and waiting also.
My lead time was stated as 8 weeks also. I am at 6 weeks and counting. Kinda :totap: right now waiting til I can :woohoo .
They are well worth the wait.
You will not be disappointed.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Topic author
Take Down Sicko

gamboolman wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 12:06 am TDS
I am real partial to Tucker Holsters and I expect you will be pleased.
In my experience they are worth the wait.
I have used the "Cover Up" for IWB and tucking in a shirt for at least the last 15 years or so.
For OWB I use the HF-1's.
I have several and have bought afew of them for our son.

I have worn Cowboy Belts all my life and only in the last 3 or 4 years did I buy a real gunbelt as so many folks recommend. They were and are right. It is amazing the difference that a real gun belt makes for both IWB and OWB carry.

If you are not already using a real gun belt, I recommend you get a real gun belt.

Can get them from Tucker and also from Tucker & Byrd.

I also have bought Holsters from Tucker and Byrd and they are excellent also.

All the best, gamboolman.... :txflag:
Yes you are very correct about all the Tucker produces. I have an HF1 holster, belts and mag holster as well. I dont think there is any better than Tucker for leather gun wear. All of those i have already are for my Sig P320 compact and my new one will be for the Beretta 92x compact i have coming. Hope you have a pleasant Memorial Day.

Topic author
Take Down Sicko

longtooth wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 7:13 am I have several Tucker holsters, have given 2 as presents, also have one ordered now for a new to me 1911 and waiting also.
My lead time was stated as 8 weeks also. I am at 6 weeks and counting. Kinda :totap: right now waiting til I can :woohoo .
They are well worth the wait.
You will not be disappointed.
Thats great LongTooth. Nothing like good quality work. Tucker is my favorite of all the holsters iv owned. I might buy another gun just to order another holster. Wish you the best with your new gear.

thelurker

Post by thelurker »

Maybe someone here can answer a question I have. Does Tucker still make holsters for Tucker Gunleather or has he opened his own shop? After seeing the Tucker and Byrd website, I can't help but wonder if he moved on and someone else is making his design for Tucker Gunleather.

I'm getting ready to make an order and I want it made by Tucker himself. That's the reason for the ?.

Thank you!
TSRA Life Member/NRA Endowment Member/Veteran

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Don't remember his name but I believe Will Tucker has passed it down to a younger man. I met him at a gunshow in Nacogdoches.
I don't know if Will has completely retired, does the all leather holsters, or has learned some of the hi-bred stuff.
Might send an Email or givEm a call an ask.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

thelurker

Post by thelurker »

Thanks for the reply. I'll reach out directly.
TSRA Life Member/NRA Endowment Member/Veteran

gamboolman

Post by gamboolman »

Both Rob at and Tucker and Byrd make great holsters and kit and real gunbelts
Real gunbelts make a incredible difference

We buy from both as we live in Spring and go to Tucker & Byrd’s shop

Tucker is mail order only best I know

Highly recommend them both

gamboolman...
gamboolman
TSRA , GOA & NRA Life Member

LDB415
Posts in topic: 1

Post by LDB415 »

Well, the short version is, there's Tucker gunleather and there's everything else. Congrats on choosing THE best available.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Well, finally got mine yesterday. 24 days past stated lead time. It is the DC-3 w/ thumb break for my Springer TRP. Wish I knew how to do pictures. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
High quality and thankful for it. At my age may be my last one.

Topic author
Take Down Sicko

Congrats on your purchase Longtooth. I`ll be waiting on my holsters for a while then. I have two on order. One is the HF1 AND the other is a DC1 ordered three weeks apart and its only been four weeks. Let us know how your DC3 works out.

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Take Down Sicko wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:13 pm Congrats on your purchase Longtooth. I`ll be waiting on my holsters for a while then. I have two on order. One is the HF1 AND the other is a DC1 ordered three weeks apart and its only been four weeks. Let us know how your DC3 works out.
Already like it. Fit is great. Got the cant set and blue lock tite on all screws. It will take a while for the thumb break to set. Kinda hard right now to get in the right place to snap but that is getting easier. It draws smooth. It is wide enough that it covers part of my back pocket so I have to move my billfold to the left side. No deal, I have had to do that before too.
Bottom line is I like it. :hurry: :thumbs2: :fire

Topic author
Take Down Sicko

longtooth wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:10 pm
Take Down Sicko wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:13 pm Congrats on your purchase Longtooth. I`ll be waiting on my holsters for a while then. I have two on order. One is the HF1 AND the other is a DC1 ordered three weeks apart and its only been four weeks. Let us know how your DC3 works out.
Already like it. Fit is great. Got the cant set and blue lock tite on all screws. It will take a while for the thumb break to set. Kinda hard right now to get in the right place to snap but that is getting easier. It draws smooth. It is wide enough that it covers part of my back pocket so I have to move my billfold to the left side. No deal, I have had to do that before too.
Bottom line is I like it. :hurry: :thumbs2: :fire
Smooth...When i get my holsters i`ll take a snap shot and post the picture if i can remember how to do it.

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”