When there is a "CALL TO ACTION", Does it matter???

This forum will contain all calls-to-action for the 2013 Texas Legislative Session. It is not for general discussion so please post in another forum, however questions about calls-to-action are appropriate for this forum.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Moby
Posts in topic: 1

When there is a "CALL TO ACTION", Does it matter???

Post by Moby »

WELL YES IT DOES!!!

I just received a call from Senator Jim Pitts office.
In fact I was on the phone when the call first came in and took it the second time they tried to reach me.

I spoke with Tiffany, the Senators legal analyst. She said she received my email and got my voice mail and later found my letter.
I guess when you make enough noise they know you'll vote and influence others.

She asked me about other concerns on gun rights and I told her. She did not rush me and we had a great conversation.
She graduated from Baylor Law school.

So yes....it matters and it works!!!!
Be without fear in the face of your enemies.
Stand brave and upright that the Lord may love thee.
Speak the truth always even if it means your death.
Protect the helpless and do no wrong!

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 1

Re: When there is a "CALL TO ACTION", Does it matter???

Post by RoyGBiv »

:hurry: :hurry:

I mostly receive polite form letters in return.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

ALCSTUDIOS
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ALCSTUDIOS »

Thanks for the info Moby, at least we know it's working..
NRA,GOA,TFC TSRA & SAF member

styxx

Post by styxx »

Yesterday I called my reps and all the members of the jurisprudence committee supporting HB508. I had to leave messages at two of the committee members and one of my reps (Phil King). I left all my info and my position and stated that no return call was necessary, so none was. Despite that, I got a return call from Phil King's office and had a very pleasent 15 minute discussion with a nice young lady who took more fedback from me on not only HB508, but also other bills - especially HB700 and HB3218.
It is important to note that I also had a pleasent discussion with a young lady in Lon Burnam's office. It never hurts to spend time in rational conversation with the opposition. :patriot:
Some days are better than others, but every day is a good day.

styxx

Post by styxx »

When the time is right we will receive a call to action on HB 3218. I am ready to respectfully but strongly support HB 3218. I have both the phone mnumbers and e-mails of all of the Homeland Security Committee members as well as those of the reps based on where I live. I intend to both call and e-mail each of the committee members and my personal reps. When the time is right, I sincerely hope everyone in favor of 3218 literally overflows the phone systems and e-mail buckets of the committee members.
Your calls and e-mails DO matter. If we do not stand up to be counted we can only blame ourselves when opportunities slip away.
:patriot:
Some days are better than others, but every day is a good day.

ALCSTUDIOS

Post by ALCSTUDIOS »

styxx wrote:When the time is right we will receive a call to action on HB 3218. I am ready to respectfully but strongly support HB 3218. I have both the phone mnumbers and e-mails of all of the Homeland Security Committee members as well as those of the reps based on where I live. I intend to both call and e-mail each of the committee members and my personal reps. When the time is right, I sincerely hope everyone in favor of 3218 literally overflows the phone systems and e-mail buckets of the committee members.
Your calls and e-mails DO matter. If we do not stand up to be counted we can only blame ourselves when opportunities slip away.
:patriot:
My fax machine, email and cell phone are waiting
NRA,GOA,TFC TSRA & SAF member

Return to “2013 Calls-To-Action”