Friendswood: Basic Handgun Course 11/8/14

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

Friendswood: Basic Handgun Course 11/8/14

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

When: Saturday, Nov. 8th from 9:00am until noon.
Where: PSC Shooting Club, Friendswood, TX
Instructors: Charles Cotton and Jim Pierce

This course is designed for people with little or no handgun experience. Students focus on pistol shooting fundamentals including proper grip, sight alignment/sight picture, and trigger control. Mastering these basic skill requirements is critical to developing sufficient proficiency with a handgun to safely and effectively employ it in a defensive shooting situation. Unless a waver is granted, this course is a prerequisite for the Intermediate Handgun Skills Courses.

A holster is not required for the Basic Handgun Skills Course, but the student should bring one to class, if they have a holster for the handgun they will be using.

Ammo required: 200 rounds minimum.
Class duration: 3 hrs.
Class Size: Maximum 8 students
Class Fee: $125 ($99 for PSC Members & family)

CLICK HERE for more information and to register.

allisji
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Friendswood: Basic Handgun Course 11/8/14

Post by allisji »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:This course is designed for people with little or no handgun experience. Students focus on pistol shooting fundamentals including proper grip, sight alignment/sight picture, and trigger control. Mastering these basic skill requirements is critical to developing sufficient proficiency with a handgun to safely and effectively employ it in a defensive shooting situation. Unless a waver is granted, this course is a prerequisite for the Intermediate Handgun Skills Courses.
A holster is not required for the Basic Handgun Skills Course, but the student should bring one to class, if they have a holster for the handgun they will be using.
Ammo required: 200 rounds minimum.
Class duration: 3 hrs.
Class Size: Maximum 8 students
Class Fee: $125 ($99 for PSC Members & family)
CLICK HERE for more information and to register.
I would really like to enroll my wife in a course like this one. I know that she would like to get a CHL, but she really needs some basic instruction first (from someone other than me).

If there are any courses coming up, or if you know of any in the League City/Texas City/Friendswood area please let me know.
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

"This course is designed for people with little or no handgun experience."

Isn't the above what you're looking for?

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I haven't been able to schedule one because of my schedule. I've had a number of requests, so I'm going to try to get one on the calendar in late November or early December. I'll post a notice here and on www.PSC-Range.com.

Thanks,
Chas.

allisji

Post by allisji »

Abraham wrote:"This course is designed for people with little or no handgun experience."

As far as I know, we haven't found a way yet to travel into the past... only into the future... :mrgreen:
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

allisji,

Surely you jest.

I travel into the past whenever I think about the past...

allisji

Post by allisji »

You win! :thumbs2:
LTC since 2015

allisji

Post by allisji »

I just signed my wife up for the ladies only course on Feb. 12
Charles L. Cotton wrote:I haven't been able to schedule one because of my schedule. I've had a number of requests, so I'm going to try to get one on the calendar in late November or early December. I'll post a notice here and on http://www.PSC-Range.com.

Thanks,
Chas.
LTC since 2015

Richbirdhunter
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Richbirdhunter »

allisji wrote:
Abraham wrote:"This course is designed for people with little or no handgun experience."

As far as I know, we haven't found a way yet to travel into the past... only into the future... :mrgreen:
Go drinking with your buddies from high school, you'll travel back in time.
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.

Return to “Past Classes”