Ladies-Only Basic Handgun Skills Course 2/12/2016

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

Ladies-Only Basic Handgun Skills Course 2/12/2016

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

When: Friday, Feb. 12th from 9:30am until 12:30pm.
Where: PSC Shooting Club, Friendswood, TX
Instructors: Charles Cotton

This course is designed for people with little or no handgun experience. Students focus on pistol shooting fundamentals including proper grip, sight alignment/sight picture, and trigger control. Mastering these basic skill requirements is critical to developing sufficient proficiency with a handgun to safely and effectively employ it in a defensive shooting situation. Unless a waver is granted, this course is a prerequisite for the Intermediate Handgun Skills Courses.

A holster is not required for the Basic Handgun Skills Course, but the student should bring one to class, if they have a holster for the handgun they will be using.

Ammo required: 200 round.
Class duration: 3 hrs.
Class Size: Maximum 10 students
Class Fee: $125 ($99 for PSC Members & family)

CLICK HERE to register.

allisji

Re: Ladies-Only Basic Handgun Skills Course 2/12/2016

Post by allisji »

I registered my wife last week for this class.

We were talking about it yesterday and she saw that it said to bring 200 rounds of ammunition.

She said "I have to take 200 rounds of ammo! I thought this was going to be a group of ladies sitting in a circle talking about our fears and feelings about having guns in our homes."

My wife wants apparently wants to join a support group for "Wives of Gun Nuts".

I'm hoping that once she actually takes the class that she'll love shooting and feel safer and more confident with having guns at home. But if not, is there a support group for "Wives of Gun Nuts"? If so, hopefully she can take the kids so that I can go shooting.
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

allisji wrote:I registered my wife last week for this class.

We were talking about it yesterday and she saw that it said to bring 200 rounds of ammunition.

She said "I have to take 200 rounds of ammo! I thought this was going to be a group of ladies sitting in a circle talking about our fears and feelings about having guns in our homes."

My wife wants apparently wants to join a support group for "Wives of Gun Nuts".

I'm hoping that once she actually takes the class that she'll love shooting and feel safer and more confident with having guns at home. But if not, is there a support group for "Wives of Gun Nuts"? If so, hopefully she can take the kids so that I can go shooting.
Now that's funny! Hopefully being around other women with little or no shooting experience will help. The 200 rd. statement is not really a requirement. I just don't want people to run our of ammo before the class is over. The last portion of the class is fire-at-will session and some of the ladies do like to blaze away! The minimum ammo load should be around 100 to 125 rounds.

Chas.

allisji

Post by allisji »

Wife was dreading the course for weeks, and was in a foul mood Friday morning. But she ended up having a great time and learning a lot. I told her that she needs to take me to the range and teach me how to shoot now.
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

Return to “Past Classes”