Post by Eric Lamberson »

Event: MAG 40 Class

Dates: 31 Mar - 3 April 2016

Classroom Instructor: Massad Ayoob

Live Fire/Range Instructor: Eric Lamberson

Duration: 4 Days: 2 Days Live Fire; 2 Days Classroom

Live Fire/Range Location: Cedar Ridge Range, San Antonio, Texas

Classroom Location: Schertz Texas

Prerequisites: Basic understanding of your pistol's operation and proof of a clean criminal record.

This is an intense, four-day, 40-hour immersion course in the “rules of engagement” for armed law-abiding private citizens. We will shoot on 31 March and 1 April 16 and attend classroom on 2 and 3 April 16. Eric Lamberson will instruct the Range/Live Fire portion (MAG 20 Range) and Massad Ayoob will instruct the classroom portion (MAG 20 Classroom).

You may also sign up for and take only the MAG 20 Live Fire OR the MAG 20 Armed Citizen portion and receive a MAG 20 certificate for the course you take. Please call if you have questions.

Range work on days 1 & 2 will include instruction in the use of the defensive handgun under extreme stress. Eric will teach drawing from concealment, two-handed stances, shooting from cover, one-handed stances with either hand, speed reloading, and more are taught with an overall emphasis on fast, accurate shot placement. The range instruction will culminate with a police-style handgun qualification course.

Massad teaches the Armed Citizens Rules of Engagement--a two-day, 20-hour immersion course in rules of engagement for armed law-abiding private citizens, emphasizing legal issues, tactical issues, and aftermath management. Topics will include interacting with suspects, witnesses, responding police officers, threat recognition and mind-set, management of social and psychological aftermath after having had to use lethal force in defense of self or others, and preparing beforehand for legal repercussions and minimizing exposure to them. Massad's instruction covers situations in the home, at the place of business, or on the street.

For More Information or to sign up go to: http://www.sensibleselfdefense.com/category-s/1514.htm

If you have questions please contact: ericlamberson@sensibleselfdefense.com ; 210-667-8594
Massad Ayoob Group Staff Instructor, NRA Life Member, Pistol instructor, and RSO;
Texas LTC Instructor, IDPA 6-gun Master, Suarez International Affiliate

cbunt1
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Massad Ayoob Group Class in San Antonio

Post by cbunt1 »

Touching this post so I can find it later! :)
American by birth, Texan by the grace of God!

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Drives me crazy when folks post up class announcements but don't include the price...

$800.

or $400 for each half (live fire 2 days or classroom 2 days).
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Topic author
Eric Lamberson
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Eric Lamberson »

Sorry--I'll try to be better next time.

MAG 40 is a combination of the MAG 20 Live Fire and the MAG 20 Armed Citizen. Each MAG 20 is a sub component of MAG 40—with each covering one half of the MAG 40 course material. If you complete both, you will receive credit for and a certificate for MAG 40.

However, you may also sign up for and take only the MAG 20 Live Fire OR the MAG 20 Armed Citizen and receive a MAG 20 certificate for the course you take.

The cost for MAG 20 Live Fire is $400.00
The cost for MAG 20 Armed Citizen is $400.00

Total for both (equals MAG 40) $800.00

The $200.00 option(s) is for those who wish to place a deposit and reserve a spot in the class(es).
Massad Ayoob Group Staff Instructor, NRA Life Member, Pistol instructor, and RSO;

rentz

Post by rentz »

If the class wasn't 4 days long I'd consider it, but I can't justify 4 days vacation for a class

Hope some can take advantage of the opportunity thogh

Topic author
Eric Lamberson

Post by Eric Lamberson »

2 work days; 2 weekend days. You can also take one class one year and the other the next year. You would then receive credit for both. We try to be accommodating. If I could only take one, it would be the classroom portion.

thatguyoverthere

Post by thatguyoverthere »

My wife likes to tell me I'm dense sometimes, and she's probably right. So let me ask a stupid question: class pre-requisite says I have to prove I have no criminal record. How do I do that?

Jago668

Post by Jago668 »

thatguyoverthere wrote:My wife likes to tell me I'm dense sometimes, and she's probably right. So let me ask a stupid question: class pre-requisite says I have to prove I have no criminal record. How do I do that?
Show them a LTC? I mean that seems like a good indication. If that doesn't cover it I don't know what does. It isn't a guarantee of a clear record, but proves no felonies, and nothing misdemeanor for 5 years (at least).
NRA Benefactor Member

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Is this cost in line with other self defense training classes such as this?
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Topic author
Eric Lamberson

Post by Eric Lamberson »

The primary proof of clean criminal history that 99% of students provide is a LTC/CHL. Current FFL, LEA credentials, Active Duty military ID are also acceptable. Failing any of these, a letter/form from your sheriff’s department is all you need--most will run these for you at a nominal fee, done routinely in many occupations. If you are eligible for a LTC/CHL you will meet the requirement.

Return to “Past Classes”