Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 20

Re: Questions for OCT

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Bladed wrote:
JKTex wrote:From the OCTC FB page, a sample of an upstanding gentlemen and his letter to Rep Philips. This, is what "we" are up against.

From OCTC Facebook pages dated Nov. 25, 2014
"To: "Larry.Phillips@house.state.tx.us" <Larry.Phillips@house.state.tx.us>
Subject: Feeling butthurt lately?
So you got a taste of how things are going to be around here if you continue to not honor you oath to the Constitution, and try to trample on our Constitutionally protected Civil Rights.
There is a very easy way to turn this all around. Publicly support HB195, or better yet cosponsor the bill. Do the right thing and do your job!
Martin Cohn"

Not sure whether to laugh or be concerned. Concerned is in the lead. This is what our elected have to wade through? :txflag:
Legislators talk to one another. More than that, their staffers talk to one another. If one Representative is being harassed by open carry activists, you can bet that most of his fellow Representatives know about it and that a lot of them are unhappy about it.
That's exactly right. OpenCarry.org Members (posting in the Texas Section) and Lone Star CDL killed open-carry for two sessions because they attacked Rep. Debbie Riddle and her staff. They falsely claimed she promised to file an open-carry bill and she did no such thing. It was so bad, no one would give open-carry a serious look that session or the next. One of the first things NRA and TSRA were asked when walking into a legislator's office was "you aren't part of that open-carry crowd are you?"

Chas.

joe817
Posts in topic: 1

Post by joe817 »

The intimidation tactics used by the open carry groups are not to dissimilar to the same tactics used by the 'brown shirts' of Germany in the 1930's. There is room to be VERY concerned.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 8

Post by The Annoyed Man »

joe817 wrote:The intimidation tactics used by the open carry groups are not to dissimilar to the same tactics used by the 'brown shirts' of Germany in the 1930's. There is room to be VERY concerned.
My guess is that a significant number of them are, just like CJ Grisham, barred from be able to lawfully carry concealed because they do not meet the standards imposed by law......and that they do not meet those standards exactly because they are by nature the kind of hotheads who get themselves into the kinds of trouble that get in the way of licensing. I believe that this is what motivates them. They have disqualified themselves, and rather than take a good hard look inward, they blame it all on vague dark forces arrayed against them.

I will state up front that I would prefer that there would be no licensing requirement for either concealed or open carry—even if it means that someone of less than impeccable responsibility is able to legally carry a gun—but I also recognize that the more that these idiots pollute the legislative process, the more difficult it becomes for me to defend my position to others.......particularly to fence-sitters and antis......and this is the greatest damage they do of all.

This is one reason why I remain convinced that gun-control provocateurs have infiltrated OCT and other radicalized open-carry groups with a mind to giving them a gentle nudge in the direction of lunacy, thus compromising both the organization's AND the movement's efficacy. If someone as straight-arrow as an FBI agent can successfully infiltrate the SDS and Weather Underground, surely it can't be that hard for someone of already questionable values and character to infiltrate an organization filled with people of questionable values and character.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

G.A. Heath
Posts in topic: 4

Post by G.A. Heath »

In an interview CJ Grisham said OCT would oppose any bill that stopped short of allowing what he called the “constitutional carry” of handguns. Of course this could be a distortion of what was actually said by the news outlet. The article is at: http://www.myhighplains.com/story/d/sto ... yFm8gCVimQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 20

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

G.A. Heath wrote:In an interview CJ Grisham said OCT would oppose any bill that stopped short of allowing what he called the “constitutional carry” of handguns. Of course this could be a distortion of what was actually said by the news outlet. The article is at: http://www.myhighplains.com/story/d/sto ... yFm8gCVimQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That's interesting. CJ will admit that OCT is going to oppose anything other than unlicensed open-carry, but he wouldn't state that here. Once again, I'm not surprised.

Chas.

Keith B
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Keith B »

My thought is he doesn't want to put anything in writing. In a verbal interview he always has the ability to say his statement was misunderstood or he didn't properly interpret the question that was asked.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 3

Post by RoyGBiv »

Keith B wrote:My thought is he doesn't want to put anything in writing. In a verbal interview he always has the ability to say his statement was misunderstood or he didn't properly interpret the question that was asked.
I think you give him too much credit. Looks to me like he wanted to raise a ruckus, score a few points with his followers, then run away to brag.

He's playing checkers, not chess.

I have no use for people that behave like that.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Return to “2015 Legislative Session”