amendment to allow for private causes of action

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
E.Marquez
Posts in topic: 2

amendment to allow for private causes of action

Post by E.Marquez »

Forgive the lack of knowledge.. but I just don't know, and did not find an answer that made sense.
Chas (or any one that knows), several of the bill status have the verbiage "support, but demand amendment to allow for private causes of action."
What sir is a "private causes of action." Why is it important? what does it do or allow for, restrict or prohibit?
If there is a link to an article or research paper that is a better vehicle for my education than posting here, that's fine.. I can read big words too.... :biggrinjester:

Thank you :tiphat:
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

TVGuy
Posts in topic: 1

Re: amendment to allow for private causes of action

Post by TVGuy »

I'm pretty sure that what you're asking has to do with giving citizens the right to pursue action against government entities that post unenforceable 30.06 signs. If they draft a bill in which they make it illegal for government entities to post signs on government property on which we have the right to carry, but don't allow for private causes of action, the law has no teeth. That's like letting the fox watch the henhouse...the government would be enforcing the government for putting up illegal signs.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

A private cause of action means people or entities can file suit. SB273/HB226 dealing with 30.06 signs allows but does not require the AG's office to sue governmental agencies posting unenforceable 30.06 signs. I want to add a private cause of action in case the AG does not take action.

Chas.

cb1000rider

Post by cb1000rider »

Charles,
Thank you. That verbiage is excellent as is your attention to the issue.

Topic author
E.Marquez
Posts in topic: 2

Post by E.Marquez »

Thank you sir,,knowledge is power, power is good, having powerful knowledge better.
Thus end my education for the moment.
OK new moment so time to learn something else
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

Return to “2015 Legislative Session”