SB11 & HB910 This week....

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

NotRPB
Posts in topic: 48

Re: SB11 & HB910 This week....

Post by NotRPB »

@RepStickland & Simpson ? #parliamentaryinquiry

I'm no lawyer
but what Parlimentarian read sounds like Cmttee is limited to language passed by Senate OR House (so Dutton OR Huffines) but ?

sig-sog
Posts in topic: 5

Post by sig-sog »

Are y'all as mad as I am over this? I mean, the supposed 2A loving majority controlled house and senate couldn't get this done. I will refrain from saying more for a bit so as not to get booted by Charles. My time, money, and voting will be applied differently from here on out though. Am I wrong for feeling this way?

partyguy816
Posts in topic: 2

Post by partyguy816 »

Nope not at all. I mainly blame OCT personally.

chamberc
Posts in topic: 8

Post by chamberc »

partyguy816 wrote:Nope not at all. I mainly blame OCT personally.
...and they blame us...
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
LTC since 2000
http://www.texas3006.com

Overthehill
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Overthehill »

And I blame a group of moderate Republicans.

JollyHappyDad
Posts in topic: 27

Post by JollyHappyDad »

I think OCT and the others who stormed the Capitol were, and continue to be, part of the problem not the solution.

The state thinks its in the best interest of the public safety for me to have a license to drive a car, be an electrician, plumber, lawyer, engineer, etc., and the clerk at the liquor store can ask for a license/ID to verify my age; I know what the 2nd says, & don't come after my long gun, but I just don't see a problem with the state requiring a license to carry a handgun, or the law asking me to see my license. Call me a sheep if you want, but the hard liners need to give it a rest. They make us, what I believe to be the overwhelming majority of OC supporters, look bad, and I'm tired of it.

Robert91RS

Post by Robert91RS »

sig-sog wrote:Are y'all as mad as I am over this? I mean, the supposed 2A loving majority controlled house and senate couldn't get this done. I will refrain from saying more for a bit so as not to get booted by Charles. My time, money, and voting will be applied differently from here on out though. Am I wrong for feeling this way?
Really is frustrating. I feel let down by our reps, and I don't even know what to think of these political LEOs who think the 4th amendment should be as conditional and selective as the 2nd has been made. To be honest, I didn't even plan to open carry. I just liked the idea of a shirt that mostly concealed on a warm day at the lake and the improvement in 2A rights in Texas. Weather Huffines poisoned the bill or not, this amendment and misinformed LEOs should not have stopped the bill.

canvasbck
Posts in topic: 33

Post by canvasbck »

chamberc wrote:
partyguy816 wrote:Nope not at all. I mainly blame OCT personally.
...and they blame us...
I find it interesting how easy it is to throw out the clowns as the scapegoats.

Almost everyone agrees that the Dutton/Huffines amendment does really nothing. It's a meaningless amendment that should have never been attached to the bill. But a whole host of "second amendment supporting" (R) s just put the entire bill at risk over a meaningless amendment.

These same people allowed amendments onto campus carry that guarantees a non concurence vote in the senate.
"All bleeding eventually stops.......quit whining!"

hovercat
Posts in topic: 3

Post by hovercat »

I also blame the legislators who voted against. OCT provided some cover to hide behind, but if they had wanted to pass OC, they would have.

v7a
Banned
Posts in topic: 78

Post by v7a »

Robert91RS wrote:I feel let down by our reps, and I don't even know what to think of these political LEOs who think the 4th amendment should be as conditional and selective as the 2nd has been made.
If the Bill of Rights were proposed today, it wouldn't pass. Democrats and Republicans would vote against.

Robert91RS

Post by Robert91RS »

v7a wrote:
Robert91RS wrote:I feel let down by our reps, and I don't even know what to think of these political LEOs who think the 4th amendment should be as conditional and selective as the 2nd has been made.
If the Bill of Rights were proposed today, it wouldn't pass. Democrats and Republicans would vote against.
So embarrassing

RedTop

Post by RedTop »

hovercat wrote:I also blame the legislators who voted against. OCT provided some cover to hide behind, but if they had wanted to pass OC, they would have.
Exactly.....why I believe that Texas Legislature is full of just as many Rino's as Washington.....One thing about it...Dems / Libs will fight til the bitter end.....Republicans just cave

chamberc
Posts in topic: 8

Post by chamberc »

RedTop wrote:
hovercat wrote:I also blame the legislators who voted against. OCT provided some cover to hide behind, but if they had wanted to pass OC, they would have.
Exactly.....why I believe that Texas Legislature is full of just as many Rino's as Washington.....One thing about it...Dems / Libs will fight til the bitter end.....Republicans just cave
...and it will only become more so through our demographic evolution over the next 4-8 years.
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
LTC since 2000
http://www.texas3006.com

RedTop

Post by RedTop »

chamberc wrote:
RedTop wrote:
...and it will only become more so through our demographic evolution over the next 4-8 years.
Agree totally....hence why in just a few short years I'll be retired....and almost out of sight. Think I may retire to Louisiana.

v7a
Banned
Posts in topic: 78

Post by v7a »

chamberc wrote:...and it will only become more so through our demographic evolution over the next 4-8 years.
That's the worst part. This may have been our last opportunity to get Open Carry passed. Once it passed and people saw the dire predictions did not come true it would have been harder to ban Open Carry again in the future. Now it may never happen...

Return to “2015 Legislative Session”