SB11 & HB910 This week....

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Taypo
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Re: SB11 & HB910 This week....

Post by Taypo »

TVGuy wrote:
baseballguy2001 wrote:There is NOTHING wrong with those two paragraphs. The fact they (LEO's) want that language removed (or something similar) is proof they want to make stops solely on the basis of somebody open carrying.

Anybody that says that language is un-needed is either terribly mis-informed, or a government lobbyist.
Many of us disagree, are not mis-informed, and are not government lobbyists. You sound much like OCT or Huffines himself.
:iagree:

mojo84
Posts in topic: 63

Post by mojo84 »

jmra wrote:From what I'm seeing from the other threads the amendment has been removed in conference.

Multiple sources are reporting this and they are saying it's coming from Huffines and other committee members.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

pdxmale
Posts in topic: 9

Post by pdxmale »

look it up --- just like I did

http://www.legis.state.tx.us/tlodocs/84 ... navpanes=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

NorthTexas
Posts in topic: 15

Post by NorthTexas »

http://www.statesman.com/news/news/sena ... ill/nmQW7/

"Meantime, a House-Senate conference committee made short work of House Bill 910, which allows those with a concealed handgun license to openly carry a firearm in a shoulder or belt holster.

The bill will return to both houses with a major sticking point removed — an amendment, added by Sen. Don Huffines, R-Dallas, that barred law enforcement from detaining or questioning those with a holstered gun solely to check for a concealed handgun license."
NRA Life Member

CJD
Posts in topic: 26

Post by CJD »

pdxmale wrote:look it up --- just like I did

http://www.legis.state.tx.us/tlodocs/84 ... navpanes=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This is not the committee report.

baseballguy2001
Posts in topic: 6

Post by baseballguy2001 »

Until ego's are put in check, RINO speakers removed from office, Licensed open carry won't ever be the law in Texas.

As voters we changed every major office but one, the one we can't change as voters. There was a big deal made about the recorded speaker vote at the beginning of the session, which doesn't mean a thing just now.

Strauss sat on this for weeks and now we are cramming for a bill -- he needs to be removed.

“There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don't care who gets the credit.”

Ronald Reagan
7.30.08 -- Plastic in hand (99 days)
04.01.18--2nd Renewal
05.05.18-- Plastic

pdxmale

Post by pdxmale »

I think I misread that report ------ it ONLY shows the differences NOT THE COMPRIMISE

MY BAD

clarionite
Posts in topic: 1

Post by clarionite »

pdxmale wrote:I think I misread that report ------ it ONLY shows the differences NOT THE COMPRIMISE

MY BAD
I believe that's what the third column is for. And it looks to be removed.

Edit: Looking at it again... I'm not sure what this document is.
Last edited by clarionite on Thu May 28, 2015 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 63

Post by mojo84 »

DMN Politics ‏@DMNPolitics 2m2 minutes ago
Open carry's passage seems likely, after key lawmakers strip amendment opposed by police | @tombenning http://share.d-news.co/OHY1TUS" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; #txlege
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

baseballguy2001
Posts in topic: 6

Post by baseballguy2001 »

jmra wrote:So, is the owner of this forum "terribly mis-informed" or a "government lobbyist"? Can't wait for an answer to this one. "rlol"
Mr. Cotton can't tell us the inside scoop on what's happening in Austin -- draw you own conclusion, I did.

All my reps in Austin voted correctly in my view. They were part of the 19 who voted against RINO Speaker Strauss, and they all voted for the licensed open carry legislation. As voters we voted in the most conservative legislature in history, and it looks like as 2A supporters, we got hosed.
7.30.08 -- Plastic in hand (99 days)
04.01.18--2nd Renewal
05.05.18-- Plastic

jmra
Posts in topic: 78

Post by jmra »

baseballguy2001 wrote:
jmra wrote:So, is the owner of this forum "terribly mis-informed" or a "government lobbyist"? Can't wait for an answer to this one. "rlol"
Mr. Cotton can't tell us the inside scoop on what's happening in Austin -- draw you own conclusion, I did.

All my reps in Austin voted correctly in my view. They were part of the 19 who voted against RINO Speaker Strauss, and they all voted for the licensed open carry legislation. As voters we voted in the most conservative legislature in history, and it looks like as 2A supporters, we got hosed.
We got hosed alright - by Huffines and the like.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

jerry_r60

Post by jerry_r60 »

baseballguy2001 wrote:

I'll step on a soap box for a minute....

There are lots of new folks on here watching the legislature for the first time. Many have commented, myself included even though this is now the third session I've watched (not very many compared to others) that it's been very educational. What this admits is that I/we didn't really understand all the ins and outs of the process. We learn. It's interesting how adamant many of us are in our position and in the next breath admit that we are neophytes in how this all works. I get that we are frustrated and want an outcome but we should watch and learn and be cautious with our bravado.

I have seen Charles make a statement a few times that came to mind as I watched the debate yesterday. When the people that are usually very anti 2a/gun are the ones supporting what sounds good for us and/or, the ones who have been long time proven supporters are voting against it, that's a pretty good sign there is more to it than I/we are seeing on the surface and we should be thinking twice about our position. Our position is more than likely based on a lack of info or understanding. Doesn't mean always but a caution flag should be flying. I think the phrase I've seen is "when someone who is F rated is voting for it"....

....stepping off the box.

The Wall

Post by The Wall »

So after reading the last 3 pages on this topic I still don't know if anything was resolved today.

NorthTexas
Posts in topic: 15

Post by NorthTexas »

The Wall wrote:So after reading the last 3 pages on this topic I still don't know if anything was resolved today.
http://www.statesman.com/news/news/sena ... ill/nmQW7/

Open carry had the Huffines amendment removed in conference committee, now will head back to both houses for votes possibly as soon as Friday.

Campus carry is also heading to a conference committee.
NRA Life Member

The Wall

Post by The Wall »

Thank you very much.

Return to “2015 Legislative Session”