SB11 & HB910 This week....

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

harrycallahan
Banned
Posts in topic: 13

Re: SB11 & HB910 This week....

Post by harrycallahan »

When is the signing taking place and the party thereafter?
I like to keep this handy... for close encounters.

TxCHL 5/12

tlt
Posts in topic: 12

Post by tlt »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:Finally!! I get some time away from a computer, the phone and bills. I'm going to lay on the soft with my dog, my HT (hams know what I mean), the remote control and watch TV. I need some mindless time off.

Chas.
Hmm, Also an Extra...

Well deserved break, stay dry. If there is any way I can help, deliver food / water, etc. in remote areas, let me know.

Thanks for all your efforts, I wish it had not been so painful.

causeican
Posts in topic: 3

Post by causeican »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:Finally!! I get some time away from a computer, the phone and bills. I'm going to lay on the soft with my dog, my HT (hams know what I mean), the remote control and watch TV. I need some mindless time off.

Chas.
Charles, Thanks for all your hard work!!! Enjoy some down time and 73 from W5HP.
2/22/10 Plastic
9/4/12 NRA Life Member
2/16/11 TSRA Life Time (EPL) started.

causeican
Posts in topic: 3

Post by causeican »

jmra wrote:
RedTop wrote:Congrats to all...Especially Mr. Cotton....fine work.

:thewave
:iagree:
:iagree:
2/22/10 Plastic
9/4/12 NRA Life Member
2/16/11 TSRA Life Time (EPL) started.

FormerTSgt
Posts in topic: 5

Post by FormerTSgt »

Chas.
Charles,

I'll keep this brief. Thanks for all your hard work, seen and unseen. Thanks for keeping us in the loop when you were able to and for putting up with us when you couldn't.

Much obliged, sir.
Former TSgt USAF Security Forces
Iraq Vet

magillapd
Posts in topic: 1

Post by magillapd »

Chas.
Thank you for your hard work!
“I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant”
NRA- Life member :patriot:
TSRA - Conditional Life Member :txflag:

jmra
Posts in topic: 78

Post by jmra »

FormerTSgt wrote:

Chas.
Charles,

I'll keep this brief. Thanks for all your hard work, seen and unseen. Thanks for keeping us in the loop when you were able to and for putting up with us when you couldn't.

Much obliged, sir.
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Robert91RS
Posts in topic: 27

Post by Robert91RS »

Damn sneaky politicians, I've had this site and live house/senate feed running at my desk at work for weeks and they pass it while I'm home with the family sure nothing is gonna happen tonight.

Congrats Texas!!!!!!!
Thank you Chas!!!!!!!!
Thank you Senators and Reps!!!!

Ruark
Posts in topic: 34

Post by Ruark »

Real quick..... in the Senate, how did Huffines vote?
-Ruark

Callaway
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Callaway »

Ruark wrote:Real quick..... in the Senate, how did Huffines vote?
I haven't seen the official vote sheet, but he said he would vote for the bill.

Ruark
Posts in topic: 34

Post by Ruark »

Well done, Charles. Look at yer saddle and set yerself down.
-Ruark

JollyHappyDad
Posts in topic: 27

Post by JollyHappyDad »

Ruark wrote:Real quick..... in the Senate, how did Huffines vote?
He got his time on the microphone (after the removal of his amendment had been discussed and approved) and said he was "disappointed" that it was removed, but had "signed the committee report" and approved of its removal and the bill. It was a short speech nearly as (bite tongue), well, um, hmm, as (bite tongue), as the amendment fiasco. I understand why he felt compelled to add the amendment, I understand why the body gave up and let it on, I still don't understand why he couldn't hear his fellow members telling him to withdraw it.

TinaMiB
Posts in topic: 5

Post by TinaMiB »

I am excited that HB910 made it. It is a good bill that all of us will benefit from at times (for me, it is primarily when I go to the range to instruct). I am still hoping that we get SB11 passed. My day job is at a very big local University that will restrict us from conceal carry if they can. I really do not want to continue doing what I have to do when I am going and coming from work. Many people state they don't see why campus carry is that important but when you are a person that carries at all times except when you are at work, you would understand the frustration of working at an institution that you pay taxes to that doesn't allow you to carry.

joe817
Posts in topic: 31

Post by joe817 »

Late to the party on this, but oh so glad it passed! Sorry I missed it. Will watch the re-runs later.

Congrats Charles. Your hard work paid off. I thank you. :tiphat: :tiphat: And I thank Alice T. of TSRA for all her hard work, and the NRA lady, thank you as well(I apologize, don't remember your name.) All of your efforts were ardious, and difficult. But persistance prevailed! Thank you, thank you, thank you.

And thanks to all of our legislators who voted to do the right thing. Thank you! This was a hard fought battle, and your efforts shows you common cause and unity. Well done!
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

longhorn86
Posts in topic: 2

Post by longhorn86 »

jmra wrote:
FormerTSgt wrote:

Chas.
Charles,

Much obliged, sir.
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :thewave :txflag: :txflag:
NRA Life Member

Return to “2015 Legislative Session”