Poll

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

What will happen with HB910 now??

Poll ended at Fri May 29, 2015 9:30 pm

Concurred by the House, sent to the governor and signed into law.
93%
NOT concurred by the House, sent to conference committee.
7%
Concurred by the House, sent to the governor and vetoed.
No votes

Total votes: 59

Topic author
safety1
Posts in topic: 12

Re: Poll

Post by safety1 »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
safety1 wrote:
jmra wrote:
safety1 wrote:
jmra wrote:
safety1 wrote:
jmra wrote:
safety1 wrote:At the current time 90% of us that have voted here on the forum feel the bill will pass and be sent on to the Gov. and become law.
We are all either very optimistic or have no clue what we are thinking. :lol:: KEEP VOTING!
Or just sensible.
I agree, it is sensible thinking.....but what about the last month as been sensible? :boxing
Would it have been sensible to think it would have happened any other way? Its politics.
Well with all the hype over the Pro2A bills this year and the conservative domination I expected a clean sweep.
Really didn't think we would be coming down to the last week. Last month...maybe.
But you are right, it is politics :???:
Really? Given the antics of the OTC and OTCT crowd I'd say most people considered OC DOA before the session started. I'm shocked we got this far. Hopefully we can bring it home. Although, even if we get OC and CC, there were other bills that were much more important that were sacrificed in the process.
Yes, really thought a clean sweep was in order. Why would I not?
OTC and OTCT are viewed as off base and out of touch. To much negative publicity. IMP
OCT/OCTC/Grisham/Watkins made themselves the face of open-carry, it's a mighty ugly face, and the public backlash against open-carry was expansive. Only the work of the NRA and TSRA brought the issue back from the grave. jmra is right.

With the lineup we had in the House and Senate, this should have been a record session, but open-carry was a massive drain on political capital. That combined with other issues has resulted in a good, but not great session.

Chas.
If Charles say so, I believe it. I just felt pretty good going in...and yes a big thanks to the NRA/TSRA for all
the hard work to bring it back.
We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions. ~ Ronald Reagan ~
NRA - Life Member

Srnewby
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Srnewby »

:iagree:

harrycallahan
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by harrycallahan »

I don't understand the uproar over amendment 9. Other states have similar verbiage regarding stops.

Topic author
safety1
Posts in topic: 12

Post by safety1 »

harrycallahan wrote:I don't understand the uproar over amendment 9. Other states have similar verbiage regarding stops.
I think the uproar is that the agreement between the House & Senate was pass "clean" bills and the powers to be would make sure it was done.
Along came Huffines, amendment 9 added, Now HB910 is not clean.
Amendment 9 restricts LEOs. (enter the ugly political side)
I don't know why it can't work, I'm taking your word that other states have similar provisions.
I just hope we get these bills passed, we are so close. Not passing it will surely start a finger pointing of epic proportions.
All the finger pointing in the world won't advance our 2A rights in Texas. Let's just hope they work it all out.
We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions. ~ Ronald Reagan ~
NRA - Life Member

Return to “2015 Legislative Session”