HB2405

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
E.Marquez
Posts in topic: 2

HB2405

Post by E.Marquez »

http://www.legis.state.tx.us/tlodocs/84 ... 02405I.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Another attack on 30.06 notification requirements
In RED struck out
(3) "Written communication" means a sign posted in
accordance with rules adopted by the public safety director of the
Department of Public Safety under Subsection (c-1) [:
[(A) a card or other document on which is written
language identical to the following: "Pursuant to Section 30.06,
Penal Code (trespass by holder of license to carry a concealed
handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411,
Government Code (concealed handgun law), may not enter this
property with a concealed handgun"; or
[(B) a sign posted on the property that:
[(i) includes the language described by
Paragraph (A) in both English and Spanish;
[(ii) appears in contrasting colors with
block letters at least one inch in height; and
[(iii) is displayed in a conspicuous manner
clearly visible to the public].

In GREEN replaced with
Snipet " (c-1) The public safety director of the Department of Public
Safety shall adopt rules regarding the content, size, and other
characteristics of signs to be posted on a building or other
property where the property owner seeks to prohibit a license
holder from carrying a handgun. The rules must require the sign to:
(1) contain a pictogram that shows, on a white
background, a handgun drawn in black ink within a red circle and a
diagonal red line across the handgun;
(2) contain language that must include the following:
"Section 30.06, Penal Code";
(3) be a readable and conspicuous size but not larger
than 8.5 inches by 11 inches;
(4) be posted at each exterior entrance that is open to
the public;
(5) be posted in a conspicuous manner clearly visible
to the public;
(6) not be obstructed or altered in any way; and
(7) be immediately replaced by the property owner if
the sign becomes illegible."
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

RogueUSMC
Posts in topic: 1

Re: HB2405

Post by RogueUSMC »

Nevarez...I guess he thinks that his recent publicity gives him a leg to stand on?
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

Jason K
Banned

Post by Jason K »

If they changed "inches" to "feet", I might support it....

....nah. :nono:

n5wd

Post by n5wd »

While I like the requirement that it must be posted at every entrance to a building that is open to the public, the "not larger than 8 by 10 inches" needs to be changed to "not smaller than 8 by 10 inches", and the complete warning needs to be required, not just a simple "Penal Code 30.06".

Plus, for diversity's sake, it should be in English, Spanish, Turkish, Arabic, Creole, Portugeese, German, Mandarin Chinese, Vietnamese, and all official languages of the member states of the United Nations...

We wouldn't want ignore anyone, would we?
NRA-Life member, NRA Instructor, NRA RSO, TSRA member,
Vietnam (AF) Veteran -- Amateur Extra class amateur radio operator: N5WD

Email: CHL@centurylink.net

CleverNickname

Post by CleverNickname »

If new signs were no larger than 8.5" x11" it would be much easier for helpful activists to go around posting signs at businesses who haven't bothered to post 30.06 signs.

Ruark

Post by Ruark »

That would be a disaster. Being 8 1/2 by 11 would enable people to print them out by the thousands (e.g. off a website) and stick them everywhere.
-Ruark

CleverNickname

Post by CleverNickname »

n5wd wrote: Plus, for diversity's sake, it should be in English, Spanish, Turkish, Arabic, Creole, Portugeese, German, Mandarin Chinese, Vietnamese, and all official languages of the member states of the United Nations...

In Harris county, voting materials have to be provided in Vietnamese, because the number of Vietnamese speakers in the county meets some predetermined threshold. I don't see why 30.06 signs should not also be required to do this.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Who was it that said this bill would be forthcoming because of the long gun demonstrations? Oh yeah, now I remember. What was the other prediction? O yeah, a bill to prohibit open-carry of rifles and shotguns.

Chas.

Jason K
Banned

Post by Jason K »

n5wd wrote:While I like the requirement that it must be posted at every entrance to a building that is open to the public, the "not larger than 8 by 10 inches" needs to be changed to "not smaller than 8 by 10 inches", and the complete warning needs to be required, not just a simple "Penal Code 30.06".

Plus, for diversity's sake, it should be in English, Spanish, Turkish, Arabic, Creole, Portugeese, German, Mandarin Chinese, Vietnamese, and all official languages of the member states of the United Nations...

Don't forget Urdu....you'd be surprised how many Urdu-speakers one can encounter on a daily basis....

sugar land dave

Post by sugar land dave »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:Who was it that said this bill would be forthcoming because of the long gun demonstrations? Oh yeah, now I remember. What was the other prediction? O yeah, a bill to prohibit open-carry of rifles and shotguns.

Chas.
This is another problem which I have with politicians. To include all 27 MILLION people in a law meant to punish a few bad apples is rather disheartening. I hope good CHL people can survive the actions of the few open carry proponents who have uncaringly tossed us under the bus.
DPS Received Forms- 1/18/11 Online Status - 1/27/11 My Mailbox - 2/12/11
NRA Life Member

nightmare
Deactivated until real name is provided

Post by nightmare »

Blaming OCT for antigun politicians is like blaming women who wear short skirts for other women being raped.

Politicians like Loon Burnout and Sylvester Tweetybird have been pushing antigun bills their entire career, long before OCT. It's sad when progun people get hoodwinked by the antigun propaganda machine.
Equo ne credite, Teucri. Quidquid id est, timeo Danaos et dona ferentes

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

nightmare wrote:Blaming OCT for antigun politicians is like blaming women who wear short skirts for other women being raped.

Politicians like Loon Burnout and Sylvester Tweetybird have been pushing antigun bills their entire career, long before OCT. It's sad when progun people get hoodwinked by the antigun propaganda machine.

The signage wasn't even on their radar until the unstable gun nuts started their antics.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

nightmare wrote:Blaming OCT for antigun politicians is like blaming women who wear short skirts for other women being raped.

You're either willfully ignorant on the subject, or you're CJ Grisham in disguise. It's interesting that mentioned OCT, not me.
OCT brought §30.06 to the media and MDA and MDA is behind the bill.

Chas.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

sugar land dave wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:Who was it that said this bill would be forthcoming because of the long gun demonstrations? Oh yeah, now I remember. What was the other prediction? O yeah, a bill to prohibit open-carry of rifles and shotguns.

Chas.
This is another problem which I have with politicians. To include all 27 MILLION people in a law meant to punish a few bad apples is rather disheartening. I hope good CHL people can survive the actions of the few open carry proponents who have uncaringly tossed us under the bus.
The argument is that TPC §30.06 puts an onerous burden on business, not that OCT needs to be punished. It's not a burden and there's a good reason why §30.06 was created, but that goes back to the period from 1995 to 1997 and few people seem to remember the reason behind HB2909.

Chas.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Knock off all of your name-calling and your insulting childish analogies. I'm not hoodwinked by anyone, including you and your support of Grisham, Watkins and the rest of the bomb-throwers.

PM your real name and confirmation such as your email address. From now on you are going to post under your real name. Let's see if you're willing to do that.

Chas.

Return to “2015 Legislative Session”