Confused on HB910 progress

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

TVGuy
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Confused on HB910 progress

Post by TVGuy »

It needs a third reading and final vote, which is today. It will then go to the senate since there are some amendments that differ from SB 17.

G.A. Heath
Posts in topic: 2

Post by G.A. Heath »

It was passed to Engrossment on Friday, it is scheduled for it's third reading and final vote which will then see it engrossed so that it moves to the senate.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

mcscanner

Post by mcscanner »

'Engrossment"

Outside the context of this forum I can imagine something... Well lets just not go there. :shock:

I have learned more about the workings of politics and government on this forum in the few months I have been a member than a life time not.

Thanks!

Mike
The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

joe817

Post by joe817 »

This might be an interesting House session to watch today, as TVguy said it's on the General State Calendar for today.

In reading the House Journal for last Friday, I see where Rep. Stickland(no 'r') included in the journal his memoranda like he said he would, arguing on the "germaneness" of the amendment he tried to introduce.

I don't know if his memoranda will have any effect or bearing on the vote, but I'm going to be watching the proceedings to be sure.

The 3rd vote may be a non-issue. I sure hope so. ;-)
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

G.A. Heath
Posts in topic: 2

Post by G.A. Heath »

joe817 wrote:This might be an interesting House session to watch today, as TVguy said it's on the General State Calendar for today.

In reading the House Journal for last Friday, I see where Rep. Stickland(no 'r') included in the journal his memoranda like he said he would, arguing on the "germaneness" of the amendment he tried to introduce.

I don't know if his memoranda will have any effect or bearing on the vote, but I'm going to be watching the proceedings to be sure.

The 3rd vote may be a non-issue. I sure hope so. ;-)
Typically the third vote passes with nearly the same, if not exactly the same, votes as the 2nd reading. An amendment would require a super majority (4/5ths I believe) at this point to be added to the bill.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Will there be discussion and debate? Not sure I have the time or stomach to watch the antics again.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

bigity

Post by bigity »

mcscanner wrote:
I have learned more about the workings of politics and government on this forum in the few months I have been a member than a life time not.

Thanks!

Mike
Same here. I mean I knew the basics from schooling, but it's like a whole different world when it comes to the day-to-day processes.
USAF Veteran|Ex-DoD Contractor|Information Technology
EDC: Springfield Armory XD Sub-Compact 40S&W 3"

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

The feed is up, but nothing is happening yet.

http://tlchouse.granicus.com/MediaPlaye ... nt_id=1415
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

jerry_r60

Post by jerry_r60 »

Anyone know why this was moved forward without substituting for SB17 to avoid running back through the Senate. I know they would have still had to go to conference due to the different amendment but I'm just curious what reasoning precluded the substitution.

Return to “2015 Legislative Session”