Call-To-Action: HB910

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Bladed
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Call-To-Action: HB910

Post by Bladed »

boomstick wrote:I just got off the phone with a secretary in the Lt. Gov. office and registered my request for movement on HB910.

I was informed that the bill needs to be on the Intent calendar for 2 full days before any movement and since it was placed on the calendar yesterday, there would be no movement today either.

This is incorrect for two reasons:

1) A bill is typically prohibited from being heard during its FIRST day on the Intent Calendar. This is HB 910's SECOND day on the Intent Calendar.

2) As of the 130th day of the session (today), a bill CAN be heard on its first day on the Intent Calendar.

Either way, there is no reason HB 910 can't be heard today.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 11

Post by mojo84 »

Bladed wrote:
boomstick wrote:I just got off the phone with a secretary in the Lt. Gov. office and registered my request for movement on HB910.

I was informed that the bill needs to be on the Intent calendar for 2 full days before any movement and since it was placed on the calendar yesterday, there would be no movement today either.

This is incorrect for two reasons:

1) A bill is typically prohibited from being heard during its FIRST day on the Intent Calendar. This is HB 910's SECOND day on the Intent Calendar.

2) As of the 130th day of the session (today), a bill CAN be heard on its first day on the Intent Calendar.

Either way, there is no reason HB 910 can't be heard today.
Please call or stop by and correct Patrick's staff. We can't do anything about it here.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

v7a
Banned
Posts in topic: 17

Post by v7a »

If you're on Twitter, you can also tweet to @ltgovtx @DanPatrick @SenatorBirdwell @EstesForTexas

Interestingly, the Lt. Gov just tweeted this a few minutes ago:
Lastly, the issue of open carry will finally be passed and Texas will join the large majority of states who allow open carry. I am proud of the fact the legislature is making history while defending life, liberty and our Second Amendment Right.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 11

Post by mojo84 »

Major priorities on tax cuts, Second Amendment and border security will now move forward.

AUSTIN – For more than a month, I believed the Senate and the House would come together to resolve differences on tax relief, tax reform, border security, Second Amendment issues, transportation funding, education reform and other legislative issues. With the agreement that was finalized and with Senate Bill 1, Texas homeowners will get tax relief beginning this year in the form of an increased homestead exemption, if approved by voters in the Fall.

The Senate’s property tax reform bill, Senate Bill 1760, will achieve lasting property tax relief by no longer allowing local taxing jurisdictions to increase their budgets through property tax appraisal increases. They will now have to publicly vote by a super majority to increase your property values over the previous year. This agreement also includes a 25-percent franchise tax cut for businesses.

In addition, the house and senate have agreed to pass a border security bill that enacts a comprehensive package utilizing local, state and federal resources. The Senate increased border security funding to its highest level in history to ensure the National Guard or Department of Public Safety remain on the border. Our southern border must be secure and this bill helps Texas do what the federal government has failed to do.

Lastly, the issue of open carry will finally be passed and Texas will join the large majority of states who allow open carry. I am proud of the fact the legislature is making history while defending life, liberty and our Second Amendment Right.

I believe this agreement establishes the framework for what will be one of the most, if not the most, productive legislative sessions in the history of the Texas Senate. I give all of the credit to the members for their hard work. However, we still have a lot of work to do over the next two weeks to accomplish the remainder of your priorities.

Your Senators have worked tirelessly over the last five months and I know they will continue to do so over the next two weeks.

Categories: News
Office of the Lieutenant Governor
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

safety1
Posts in topic: 23

Post by safety1 »

v7a wrote:If you're on Twitter, you can also tweet to @ltgovtx @DanPatrick @SenatorBirdwell @EstesForTexas

Interestingly, the Lt. Gov just tweeted this a few minutes ago:

That is very positive news Thanks for sharing v7a
We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions. ~ Ronald Reagan ~
NRA - Life Member

TVGuy
Posts in topic: 7

Post by TVGuy »

Not sure if it means anything, but a co-sponsor was just added to HB 910 in the actions log.

v7a
Banned

Post by v7a »

TVGuy wrote:Not sure if it means anything, but a co-sponsor was just added to HB 910 in the actions log.
Someone realized it's going to pass and wants to be able to take credit at the last minute? "rlol"
(the name Grisham comes to mind...)
Last edited by v7a on Fri May 22, 2015 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

FormerTSgt
Posts in topic: 6

Post by FormerTSgt »

Called 512-463-5342 and was directed to a menu asking for the first letter of the last name blah blah blah.

Hung up and called 512-463-0001 and spoke to a courteous gentleman who added me to the "support" list but did not get any solid info. I stated, respectfully, that the bill has languished a bit and forward movement was necessary to get it to the Governor's desk.

Call and email guys!
Former TSgt USAF Security Forces
Iraq Vet

Aggie_engr
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Aggie_engr »

I keep getting Lt Gov's voicemail saying his office is not available when I call the two numbers that Charles posted. What am I doing wrong?

TVGuy
Posts in topic: 7

Post by TVGuy »

v7a wrote:
TVGuy wrote:Not sure if it means anything, but a co-sponsor was just added to HB 910 in the actions log.
Someone realized it's going to pass and wants to be able to take credit at the last minute? "rlol"
(the name Grisham comes to mind...)
Usually I'd agree, but Bettencourt has been onboard all along.

ELB
Posts in topic: 3

Post by ELB »

safety1 wrote:
That is very positive news Thanks for sharing v7a
Yes, thanks.
USAF 1982-2005

v7a
Banned

Post by v7a »

@lmcgaughy tweet:
Chatter at press table: Since Patrick says the #txlege has a deal on #opencarry, will that mean more heel-dragging on taking an actual vote?

safety1
Posts in topic: 23

Post by safety1 »

Aggie_engr wrote:I keep getting Lt Gov's voicemail saying his office is not available when I call the two numbers that Charles posted. What am I doing wrong?
keeping trying try 512-463-0001
We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions. ~ Ronald Reagan ~
NRA - Life Member

BigGuy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by BigGuy »

FormerTSgt wrote:Called 512-463-5342 and was directed to a menu asking for the first letter of the last name blah blah blah.

Hung up and called 512-463-0001 and spoke to a courteous gentleman who added me to the "support" list but did not get any solid info. I stated, respectfully, that the bill has languished a bit and forward movement was necessary to get it to the Governor's desk.

Call and email guys!
I kept getting that same recording on both numbers. I went through the menu, entered Patrick and got the extension 33315 as Patrick's. I was sent straight to voicemail, so I left a message.

Return to “2015 Legislative Session”