HB 910 Conference Committee

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Nano
Posts in topic: 2

Re: HB 910 Conference Committee

Post by Nano »

Will a retention holster be required with the new open carry law?
NRA Member

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 31

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Nano wrote:Will a retention holster be required with the new open carry law?
No, though that may be prudent depending upon circumstances.

Chas.

Nano

Post by Nano »

Thanks Charles and I agree. Also, thanks for all of your hard work.
Guess I had better start shopping.
NRA Member

ScooterSissy
Posts in topic: 16

Post by ScooterSissy »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
mojo84 wrote:Were they just bluffing about the filibuster?
No. The Bill came up too early for them to have a chance. It's 54 hours to the end of the session. (That was no accident.)

Chas.
Are you at liberty to say - was that part of some agreement - EG we'll work at getting the amendment gone, if you'll guarantee it will get an early vote?

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 31

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

ScooterSissy wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:
mojo84 wrote:Were they just bluffing about the filibuster?
No. The Bill came up too early for them to have a chance. It's 54 hours to the end of the session. (That was no accident.)

Chas.
Are you at liberty to say - was that part of some agreement - EG we'll work at getting the amendment gone, if you'll guarantee it will get an early vote?
No, both the Speaker and Lt. Gov. knew that HB910 had to get to the floors of each body quickly to prevent the possibility of a filibuster.

Chas.

ScooterSissy

Post by ScooterSissy »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
The Wall wrote:What if the person entering the premises is blind? Shouldn't these signs also be in Braille?
Now there's an idea for 2017! The MOMS will be going crazy, crazier than they are, that is.

Chas.
I'm pro 2A, obviously, and really don't want to discriminate against anyone ... but a blind shooter?? C'mon...

I remember laughing hard when I saw an elevator that had the federally mandated braille numbers and wording on it's signage. It was funny because it was a parking garage elevator; but hey, rules is rules...

RetNavy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RetNavy »

ScooterSissy wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:
The Wall wrote:What if the person entering the premises is blind? Shouldn't these signs also be in Braille?
Now there's an idea for 2017! The MOMS will be going crazy, crazier than they are, that is.

Chas.
I'm pro 2A, obviously, and really don't want to discriminate against anyone ... but a blind shooter?? C'mon...

I remember laughing hard when I saw an elevator that had the federally mandated braille numbers and wording on it's signage. It was funny because it was a parking garage elevator; but hey, rules is rules...

cant be any different than the braille keypads on drive thru atm's
"Freedom itself was attacked this morning by a faceless coward. Freedom will be defended!"
-President George W. Bush, September 11, 2001

pdxmale

Post by pdxmale »

The Wall wrote:It seems to me they go out of their way to make things more difficult and confusing. Maybe a 30.06 1/2 sign would work for those that want to ban both CC & OC.
What if the person entering the premises is blind? Shouldn't these signs also be in Braille? What would be better is a anti-gun greeter at every door to tell people guns aren't allowed. They could claim it as job creation also. Don't you just love sarcasm? :lol: Actually not too far from some of the anti-gun folks ideas.

I hope THAT THERE AREEN'T TOO MANY blind guys with guns going to the movies.

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

RetNavy wrote:
ScooterSissy wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:

Chas.

I suggest you all read this posting about a blind lady with a CHL: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=77580&p=981812
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

jmra
Posts in topic: 14

Post by jmra »

pdxmale wrote:
The Wall wrote:It seems to me they go out of their way to make things more difficult and confusing. Maybe a 30.06 1/2 sign would work for those that want to ban both CC & OC.
What if the person entering the premises is blind? Shouldn't these signs also be in Braille? What would be better is a anti-gun greeter at every door to tell people guns aren't allowed. They could claim it as job creation also. Don't you just love sarcasm? :lol: Actually not too far from some of the anti-gun folks ideas.

I hope THAT THERE AREEN'T TOO MANY blind guys with guns going to the movies.
Actually I read a post on the forum a few weeks ago about a blind woman who used clicking "sonar" to pass the shooting portion and obtained her CHL. Many theaters now have headphones for the visually impaired that provides alternate audio to help the "viewer" understand the setting. So, it's possible...
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

RetNavy wrote:
ScooterSissy wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:

Chas.

That is something that has always puzzled me.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

mojo84 wrote:
RetNavy wrote:
ScooterSissy wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:

Chas.

Braille on drive through ATMs are a prime example of the link between political correctness and stupid governments.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

v7a
Banned
Posts in topic: 14

Post by v7a »

Some t-shirts for those of you planning on Open Carrying in Austin "rlol"

Image Image

Jokes aside, I would recommend something slightly more tasteful:

juno106
Posts in topic: 9

Post by juno106 »

In all seriousness, there is at least one totally blind individual with a TX CHL.

New provisions to require oral notification are an interesting twist as to how 30.06 / 30.07 notice can be provided.

This is a real issue.

Charles L. Cotton wrote:

Chas.

nobius

Post by nobius »

anygunanywhere wrote:
mojo84 wrote:
RetNavy wrote:
ScooterSissy wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:

Chas.

Braille on drive through ATMs are a prime example of the link between political correctness and stupid governments.
I personally think it's not about blind drivers. It's just easier for the ATM button makers to make all the buttons the same way. Kind of like how all Coke bottles have imperial and metric units on them so they don't have to change the labels for shipping to Canada.

Return to “2015 Legislative Session”