Recording a LEO question

Moderators: Charles L. Cotton, carlson1

Locked

Topic author
Kolamer
Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:11 pm

Recording a LEO question

#1

Post by Kolamer » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:13 am

Does anyone know the outcome of the bill that would make it where you had to be so many feet away from a LEO if you are recording them? I don't remember the bill number so I apologize.

User avatar

TVGuy
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1088
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:47 am
Location: DFW

Re: Recording a LEO question

#2

Post by TVGuy » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:17 am

Kolamer wrote:Does anyone know the outcome of the bill that would make it where you had to be so many feet away from a LEO if you are recording them? I don't remember the bill number so I apologize.
HB 2918 Died in committee.


Topic author
Kolamer
Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:11 pm

Re: Recording a LEO question

#3

Post by Kolamer » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:47 am

Thanks for the info! A co-worker and I were talking about this earlier and were curious about the outcome.

User avatar

jmra
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 10340
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:51 am
Location: Ellis County

Re: Recording a LEO question

#4

Post by jmra » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:59 am

TVGuy wrote:
Kolamer wrote:Does anyone know the outcome of the bill that would make it where you had to be so many feet away from a LEO if you are recording them? I don't remember the bill number so I apologize.
HB 2918 Died in committee.
Thankfully.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member


Topic author
Kolamer
Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:11 pm

Re: Recording a LEO question

#5

Post by Kolamer » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:14 am

jmra wrote:
TVGuy wrote:
Kolamer wrote:Does anyone know the outcome of the bill that would make it where you had to be so many feet away from a LEO if you are recording them? I don't remember the bill number so I apologize.
HB 2918 Died in committee.
Thankfully.
Agreed

Locked

Return to “2015 Legislative Session”