Fox News report on Texas OC

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
safety1
Posts in topic: 3

Fox News report on Texas OC

Post by safety1 »

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/06 ... y-gun-ban/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:fire
We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions. ~ Ronald Reagan ~
NRA - Life Member

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Fox News report on Texas OC

Post by anygunanywhere »

They quoted Grisham and Moms Demand.

I thought Fox was a legitimate news source.

But then they quoted John Lott as well.

CJ was in his usual succinct charismatic form.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Topic author
safety1

Post by safety1 »

This report must have come from the left side
of the Fox News office. The Wild West comments
are crazy. Don't they realize Texas has had law abiding
gun owners carrying for 20 years.
We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions. ~ Ronald Reagan ~
NRA - Life Member

DevilDawg
Posts in topic: 1

Post by DevilDawg »

anygunanywhere wrote:They quoted Grisham and Moms Demand.

No, they advertise themselves as Fair and Balanced. Perfect example. Let a looney from each end of the spectrum speak.

oohrah

Post by oohrah »

... legitimate news source.
I more and more believe there is no such thing.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

All mass media outlets are terrible, they are all biased, and they all have an agenda...reporting straight facts is not any of their agendas. FoxNews is a bit better, IMO, than the others, but only because they have some conservative hosts whereas all the other outlets are distinctly liberal/leftwing. Fox still has a lot of issues.

Srnewby

Post by Srnewby »

Just my opinion, but I think Fox tends to go for the sensational version of news just to get viewers/internet clicks. Most news organizations follow a somewhat similar path, but I think Fox is a little more on the sensational end. Again, just my opinion.

harrycallahan
Banned

Post by harrycallahan »

The amount of 'canned' journalism is offensive. Article after article is copied almost word for word and almost nothing is an original thought.
I like to keep this handy... for close encounters.

TxCHL 5/12

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

If the bill is on Abbott's desk, what's the delay in him signing it?

Personally, I won't O.C. as I don't care to be noticed, but I am curious.

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

There are no legitimate news sources, if by legitimate you mean anything that is part of the MSM, and believe telling the truth is part of delivering news. Fox is just slightly less intolerable than the rest of them. I don't usually watch any of them....my brain and stomach can't bear it....but I occasionally have some of them imposed on me at some place like the doctor's office. Aside from the outright falsehoods and lies of omission it's like watching a cartoon level representation of reality. Even when they're taking a side I agree with I find their arguments so juvenile and incompetent it's hard to believe they're not deliberately sandbagging the debate. If they're not sandbagging most of these MSM "journalists" are so stupid it beggars belief.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

Ruark

Post by Ruark »

VMI77 wrote: There are no legitimate news sources, if by legitimate you mean anything that is part of the MSM, and believe telling the truth is part of delivering news. Fox is just slightly less intolerable than the rest of them. I don't usually watch any of them....my brain and stomach can't bear it....
You said it. I can't believe some of the stuff I hear on CNN, not just about guns but all kinds of news topics. You know, we all talk about the wonderful 1st amendment protection of free speech, and how horrible it would be to monitor and muffle the news media, but sometimes I wonder....

It's unfortunate the CJ Grisham and OCT are the "official" spokespersons for the open carry issue in Texas. :roll:
-Ruark

Topic author
safety1

Post by safety1 »

:iagree:
Ruark wrote:
VMI77 wrote: There are no legitimate news sources, if by legitimate you mean anything that is part of the MSM, and believe telling the truth is part of delivering news. Fox is just slightly less intolerable than the rest of them. I don't usually watch any of them....my brain and stomach can't bear it....
You said it. I can't believe some of the stuff I hear on CNN, not just about guns but all kinds of news topics. You know, we all talk about the wonderful 1st amendment protection of free speech, and how horrible it would be to monitor and muffle the news media, but sometimes I wonder....

It's unfortunate the CJ Grisham and OCT are the "official" spokespersons for the open carry issue in Texas. :roll:
NRA - Life Member

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 2

Post by anygunanywhere »

VMI77 wrote:

There are no legitimate news sources, if by legitimate you mean anything that is part of the MSM, and believe telling the truth is part of delivering news. Fox is just slightly less intolerable than the rest of them. I don't usually watch any of them....my brain and stomach can't bear it....but I occasionally have some of them imposed on me at some place like the doctor's office. Aside from the outright falsehoods and lies of omission it's like watching a cartoon level representation of reality. Even when they're taking a side I agree with I find their arguments so juvenile and incompetent it's hard to believe they're not deliberately sandbagging the debate. If they're not sandbagging most of these MSM "journalists" are so stupid it beggars belief.
Note to self. Gotta get that sarcasm smilie.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Rvrrat14

Post by Rvrrat14 »

Thats how activist role.....while the hard working are diligently SILENT pursuing business.

"A hard working man is often overlooked. And he is satisfield not to be recognized openly, but rather by those who know what he has done."

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

Interesting. The picture of the holstered handgun at the top of the article appears to be a 1911 at half-cock.

That's not as safe as either hammer down or cocked and locked, or so I think. Please tell me where I'm off base.

Hammer full down on an inertial firing pin is safe, more or less. Completely so if the weapon is drop-safe and has a firing pin block, although the act of cocking it involves the risk of accidentally (or negligently) dropping the hammer.

Cocked and locked, the safety is a thing of creative beauty. The sear is mechanically locked into engagement, and the hammer is physically blocked from moving. If there is a firing pin block, which I think is best controlled by the grip safety, not the trigger, then the gun is pretty well jammed up and not close to firing.

At half cock anything that snags the hammer sets it up to fall against half cock, which is hard on the sear, or all the way down against the firing pin, which can be hard on the unprotected ear (and other body parts).

Locking the slide is more of a protection against out-of-battery malfunction than a safety feature, although with a non-blocked firing pin it would only go off once if dropped while cocked and locked.

But half-cock as a working, deliberately engaged safety? Probably not for me.

Return to “2015 Legislative Session”