Topic author
ELB
Posts in topic: 2

ATtention Please! Fines for Signs!

Post by ELB »

I don't know why I didn't think of this months ago, but better late than never:

I hereby dub SB 273 to be the "Fines for $igns" law. :txflag:

It just flows, doesn't it?

Actually what got me thinking about this is that this law may be doing more to expand 2A carry in Texas than the OC law. Each government entity has had to scurry around and make sure they are not violating any citizen's carry rights, and in the process I think that has opened up the "carry space." Since they had to review their firearms policy anyway, it prompted a few at least to re-think it.

Some agencies, like the HHSC and the Texas Military Department (State Guard, Army Guard, Air Guard) have not only made sure they are complying with the law when people visit their facilities, but extended licensed carry to their employees as well. Maybe the Comptroller too, soon.

Happy New Year.
USAF 1982-2005

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Re: ATtention Please! Fines for Signs!

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

ELB wrote:I don't know why I didn't think of this months ago, but better late than never:

It just flows, doesn't it?

Actually what got me thinking about this is that this law may be doing more to expand 2A carry in Texas than the OC law. Each government entity has had to scurry around and make sure they are not violating any citizen's carry rights, and in the process I think that has opened up the "carry space." Since they had to review their firearms policy anyway, it prompted a few at least to re-think it.

Some agencies, like the HHSC and the Texas Military Department (State Guard, Army Guard, Air Guard) have not only made sure they are complying with the law when people visit their facilities, but extended licensed carry to their employees as well. Maybe the Comptroller too, soon.

Happy New Year.
Oh I like that! I wish I had thought of it.

Chas.

Right2Carry
Banned

Post by Right2Carry »

Has anyone actually been fined or had the signs removed?
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, an American Soldier doesn't have that problem". — President Ronald Reagan, 1985

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Right2Carry wrote:Has anyone actually been fined or had the signs removed?
The vast majority of unenforceable signs were removed by Sept. 1st. Based on informal reports, they number in the hundreds. No fines have been imposed yet as this must be done after a trial.

Chas.

Right2Carry
Banned

Post by Right2Carry »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
Right2Carry wrote:Has anyone actually been fined or had the signs removed?
The vast majority of unenforceable signs were removed by Sept. 1st. Based on informal reports, they number in the hundreds. No fines have been imposed yet as this must be done after a trial.

Chas.
I should have been more clear with my question. I was talking about signs that still exist and have been reported to the AG.
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, an American Soldier doesn't have that problem". — President Ronald Reagan, 1985

Topic author
ELB

Post by ELB »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
ELB wrote:
Oh I like that! I wish I had thought of it.

Chas.
Yes I think it rocks, if I do say so myself, just wonder why it took the ol' noggin so long to come up with it. You and TSRA and everyone else are welcome to use it where convenient. Open copyright. :mrgreen:
USAF 1982-2005

srothstein
Posts in topic: 1

Post by srothstein »

Right2Carry wrote:I should have been more clear with my question. I was talking about signs that still exist and have been reported to the AG.
Last I heard, their office had put all of the complaints on hold until the AG opinions that affect it were issued. Now that those have come out, we can start looking forward to seeing some action on the signs in the new year.
Steve Rothstein

Return to “2015 Legislative Session”