Baylor Off-campus Alert

Post reports of crimes on campus in this forum. This is a temporary forum and posts will be transferred to the Crime Blotter at the close of the 2015 Texas Legislative Session.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
oohrah
Posts in topic: 2

Baylor Off-campus Alert

Post by oohrah »

"On February 13, 2015, the Baylor Department of Public Safety was informed by the Waco Police Department of a robbery that occurred at approximately 1:00 a.m. at 1425 S. 12th Street.

The complainant was walking to his parked car when the suspect ran toward him with a pistol and demanded his belongings. The complainant, a Baylor student, was able to get into his vehicle and leave the area without surrendering any items and without being injured. An extensive search of the area was conducted by several Waco PD units and Baylor PD units, and the suspect had apparently left the area on foot."

this is just off campus

I'm curious how he was able to get away.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

sic'em

Re: Baylor Off-campus Alert

Post by sic'em »

The complainant likely didn't call until he was safely away, so the BG had time to bail.

Just south of campus has become an area I don't want to be at night. Those pizza pillows at Shorty's are almost too good to pass up though....

Topic author
oohrah

Post by oohrah »

No, I meant, how was the student able to get away without getting shot?

Sic 'em
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

sic'em

Post by sic'em »

Oh, right. Sorry about that. Good question for sure. Glad it worked out for him though.

Return to “Crimes on Campus”