Houston: Customer Kills Robber

This is the forum for self-defense stories and reports, whether yours or those of others.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Houston: Customer Kills Robber

Post by RoyGBiv »

Same taqueria broken into last night. 3 video poker machines stolen.

Their surveillance system is working overtime :lol:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Beiruty »

Revenge attack against the establishment
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

oljames3
Posts in topic: 4

Post by oljames3 »

Use of force expert, attorney Andrew Branca, discusses this incident, in depth, on Legal Insurrection:
https://legalinsurrection.com/2023/01/h ... execution/
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

PriestTheRunner
Posts in topic: 5

Post by PriestTheRunner »

Beiruty wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:05 pm Revenge attack against the establishment
I agree, its just too unlikely to be merely random.

Bolton Strid
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Bolton Strid »

PriestTheRunner wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:28 pm
Beiruty wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:05 pm Revenge attack against the establishment
I agree, its just too unlikely to be merely random.
The fun may just be getting started. Wildcards are available for play. There's a dead black goblin, a Latino triggerman and a white DA. The whole situation is drenched in gasoline, who's gonna bring the matches. If one of the idiot community organizer race hustlers around there start making noises about "murder" and "no justice no peace" it's gonna get sporty and Oggy's political nightmare begins.
Smoke Rings in the Dark

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 2

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

While I personally would not have put that last round in him, not being there or in that situation, I can't say for sure I wouldn't. I am not a trained cop. If the guy flinched I would have probably have hit him with another. I would have no way of knowing if the bad guy might be about to go for a second firearm. I am wondering if the hero left because he was a felon in possession of a gun or maybe even in the country illegally and was by nature afraid of the police interaction. I would also bet dollars to donuts that had he stayed, the cops would have arrested him "just in case" so they can protect their jobs. Sure he would have been able to get right out on bond but not everybody has the money for an attorney in situations like this and unfortunately, the system has become geared toward a dictatorial type regime. The regime in this case is against defending ones self against criminals. I am sorry to have to say this, but even I don't trust cops to do the right thing any more.

By the way, am I the only one to take note of the "word play" by the media on most of those videos? All geared to leaning in on the hero, not the fact that the criminal earned his ending. These leftist clowns just hate it when a good guy with a gun stops a bad guy with a gun.

PriestTheRunner
Posts in topic: 5

Post by PriestTheRunner »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:41 am... the cops would have arrested him "just in case" so they can protect their jobs. Sure he would have been able to get right out on bond ...
Just want to point out, If he was put on a 250,000 bond (which is absolutely unreasonable but not abnormal in our current times), he would have to come up with 25,000 to get out on bond.

I don't know about any of yall, but I couldn't do that right now.

Getting out on bond, and even getting arrested at all, is a MAJOR life and financial headache and too many cops do choose to arrest "just in case" which needs to be severely struck down by the courts (but wont be).

Also, unreasonable bond at the constitution's writing certainly would not have been as high as 3 to 5 years worth of salary in that day and age, just saying.

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

PriestTheRunner wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:47 am
03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:41 am... the cops would have arrested him "just in case" so they can protect their jobs. Sure he would have been able to get right out on bond ...
Just want to point out, If he was put on a 250,000 bond (which is absolutely unreasonable but not abnormal in our current times), he would have to come up with 25,000 to get out on bond.

I don't know about any of yall, but I couldn't do that right now.

Getting out on bond, and even getting arrested at all, is a MAJOR life and financial headache and too many cops do choose to arrest "just in case" which needs to be severely struck down by the courts (but wont be).

Also, unreasonable bond at the constitution's writing certainly would not have been as high as 3 to 5 years worth of salary in that day and age, just saying.
Yeah. You kind of cropped out my statement when you reposted it. Let me fix that for you.

"the cops would have arrested him "just in case" so they can protect their jobs. Sure he would have been able to get right out on bond but not everybody has the money for an attorney in situations"

But yes, that was my point as well. Hopefully his attorney can keep them from doing him like that.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

I'm wondering why the shooter left the bad guys fake gun on the table. It seems like he would have taken it with him if he was afraid of legal consequences. I'm assuming here that he could tell it was fake by the weight if not the feel.

At any rate, hopefully this will work in the shooter's favor if he goes to trial. It clearly shows that he was trying to be transparent / not cover up evidence of the gun being fake.

puma guy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by puma guy »

Soccerdad1995 wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:05 pm I'm wondering why the shooter left the bad guys fake gun on the table.
I can't find the entire video at the moment, but I'm pretty sure he picked it up and heaved it against the wall before he left. I'm going to try to find it.
Copied the throwing of the fake pistol seen below.
https://youtu.be/tKnOw7X55U0?t=544
Last edited by puma guy on Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

eyedoc

Post by eyedoc »

Soccerdad1995 wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:05 pm I'm wondering why the shooter left the bad guys fake gun on the table. It seems like he would have taken it with him if he was afraid of legal consequences. I'm assuming here that he could tell it was fake by the weight if not the feel.

At any rate, hopefully this will work in the shooter's favor if he goes to trial. It clearly shows that he was trying to be transparent / not cover up evidence of the gun being fake.
It does not matter that it was a fake gun. He was still reasonable to be in fear of his life. He could not tell it was fake before he neutralized the threat.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

bbhack

Post by bbhack »

C-dub wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:14 pm No Bill!

https://www.foxnews.com/us/houston-gran ... e-taqueria
He was lucky. He could have been charged with abuse of a corpse.
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

Return to “Self-Defense Reports”