Mall Shooting in Indiana

This is the forum for self-defense stories and reports, whether yours or those of others.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Mall Shooting in Indiana

Post by Excaliber »

K.Mooneyham wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:37 am
Paladin wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 9:58 am
ELB wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 9:35 am Nice article:

https://www.americas1stfreedom.org/cont ... by-police/
That is a good article!

Does anyone actually believe the FBI with their capability to illegally monitor everything online could not locate this guy???
The FBI had received a tip about his online account in 2019, but never located its owner.
This is sad. Situational awareness is life and death:
The first person he encountered, Victor Gomez, also happened to be carrying concealed that day, but was ambushed at point blank and never had a chance.
The reason so many shots were needed is that Dicken reportedly was using ball ammo.

Great breakdown here:
Dicken had come to the food court with his girlfriend for dinner, and was seated next to a column and trash can. The instant the shots rang out, Dicken pushed his girlfriend to the ground, drew his Glock 19, braced himself on the trash can and opened fire at a distance of 42 yards. At this distance, Dicken fired four times, hitting the murderer twice, with Dicken pausing only when panicked shoppers ran through his line of sight.

The injured murderer, rifle still in hand, retreated towards the bathroom. Dicken closed to within 20 yards and shot the murderer with another four shots. The murderer started to go down, but was still struggling to make it to the bathroom. Concerned for potential further carnage, Dicken closed in to about 25 feet and fired twice more. The murderer slumped over and didn’t move.
Outstanding job Eli!!! :cheers2:
Excellent synopsis, thank you. Was the assailant on drugs, or just adrenalined up? That's a lot of hits to take and keep moving. Mr. Dicken did indeed do a fine job, though.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Paladin
Posts in topic: 17

Post by Paladin »

Photos of Eli Dicken's pistol

Gun: Gen 5 G19 with stock sights. (The sights had been mangled in a motorcycle accident. He filed off the smooshed bits and pressed ahead with what he had.) The gun also had an Olight Valkryie and a "Don't Tread on Me" backplate.

Ammo: Blazer brass FMJ

This makes the kid's accomplishment even bigger!!!
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

eyedoc
Posts in topic: 1

Post by eyedoc »

Paladin wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:05 pm
Jesus was not a fan of killing for any reason
Well actually...

Matthew 10:34–36
English Standard Version
Not Peace, but a Sword

Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword.
Luke 22:36 "Let the one who has no sword sell his cloak and buy one."

philip964
Posts in topic: 3

Post by philip964 »

eyedoc wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 4:28 pm
Paladin wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:05 pm
Jesus was not a fan of killing for any reason
Well actually...

Matthew 10:34–36
English Standard Version
Not Peace, but a Sword

Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword.
Luke 22:36 "Let the one who has no sword sell his cloak and buy one."
That’s some pretty good ammunition there. Thanks.

Return to “Self-Defense Reports”