Lubbock - Dogs Attack Woman, Dead Person Found Nearby

This is the forum for self-defense stories and reports, whether yours or those of others.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
threoh8
Posts in topic: 1

Lubbock - Dogs Attack Woman, Dead Person Found Nearby

Post by threoh8 »

Dogs attack woman, shots fired in defense.

Dogs ambushed a woman walking her dog. The dogs were chased off by an armed man working nearby, who fired at the dogs. A human body was found near the scene, possibly killed by the dogs. Pending autopsy.

Three dogs were later caught and euthanized. Lubbock Animal Services called them "Pit bull mixes". Negative for rabies. No tags or chips.

I've walked my dogs many times at this park, right past that area, but it's been a while.
The park is used walking, jogging, picnics, kid fishing events, etc.

Bad things can happen anywhere.
The sooner I get behind, the more time I have to catch up.

The Annoyed Man

Re: Lubbock - Dogs Attack Woman, Dead Person Found Nearby

Post by The Annoyed Man »

What I don’t understand is why the surviving victim, after seeing how effective her rescuer's gun was in breaking up the attack, has decided to carry a stick going forward on her walks, instead of carrying a gun. She’s in denial if she thinks carrying a stick would have deterred what happened to her.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:03 am What I don’t understand is why the surviving victim, after seeing how effective her rescuer's gun was in breaking up the attack, has decided to carry a stick going forward on her walks, instead of carrying a gun. She’s in denial if she thinks carrying a stick would have deterred what happened to her.
Amen to that, brother. That's no different than an acquaintance of mine who, several years ago, had an armed home invasion just a few houses down in his neighborhood. I talked to him about home defense planning, perimeter zones and dissuasion/hardening, practical firearms for the purpose and where to get training. His final decision was to buy an aluminum baseball bat and leave it in the coat closet in the foyer. :banghead:

Maybe I should add this to my signature line: "Always exploit every technological and tactical advantage." Even our Middle Paleolithic ancestors 100,000 years ago made spears with flaked-edge stone blades; even they had better options than than just carrying a stick. :???:
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Rafe wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:47 pm
The Annoyed Man wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:03 am What I don’t understand is why the surviving victim, after seeing how effective her rescuer's gun was in breaking up the attack, has decided to carry a stick going forward on her walks, instead of carrying a gun. She’s in denial if she thinks carrying a stick would have deterred what happened to her.
Amen to that, brother. That's no different than an acquaintance of mine who, several years ago, had an armed home invasion just a few houses down in his neighborhood. I talked to him about home defense planning, perimeter zones and dissuasion/hardening, practical firearms for the purpose and where to get training. His final decision was to buy an aluminum baseball bat and leave it in the coat closet in the foyer. :banghead:

Maybe I should add this to my signature line: "Always exploit every technological and tactical advantage." Even our Middle Paleolithic ancestors 100,000 years ago made spears with flaked-edge stone blades; even they had better options than than just carrying a stick. :???:
I like the logical progression. Carry a stick, carry a big stick, carry a big long stick, point one end, add a flint pointed stone to an end. Add a sword in your belt. And a knife. Substitute a rifle for the stick. Substitute a hand gun for the sword.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Dog attacks are the best reason to carry BOTH OC spray and a pistol.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Self-Defense Reports”