IN: Woman kills officer's attacker, now getting sued

This is the forum for self-defense stories and reports, whether yours or those of others.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Jusme
Posts in topic: 1

Re: IN: Woman kills officer's attacker, now getting sued

Post by Jusme »

dlh wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:10 pm So, the lawsuit was "dropped." But, I have questions. Was a monetary settlement paid by any party ( I understand the good samaritan could not afford to pay anything) in return for dropping the lawsuit? Often confidential settlements are reached in return for dismissal of the suit. Would hate to see a dime paid out on this one.
My guess? The shooter's lawyer, managed, to make the family spend so much in attorneys fees, on a case they were sure to lose, that their attorney bailed. I don't think their attorney, thought, she would be able to afford a lawsuit, and would settle. When her go fund me page, provided her with a lot of money, and her attorney, had so much public recognition, he saw the writing on the wall.JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Topic author
ELB
Posts in topic: 14

Post by ELB »

Yes, I don't think there was any settlement by either Kystie or the DNR. This was a tantrum dressed up as a lawsuit.
USAF 1982-2005

Topic author
ELB
Posts in topic: 14

Post by ELB »

Time for a little thread resurrection.

The case that this thread originally described specifically led to action in the Indiana legislature. The Legislature beefed up the civil immunity for self-defense portions.

Those new protections have now been tested in court.

In 2020, at the hour of 3am, a man by the name of Rednour tried to force entry to at home occupied by a couple with the last name of Ping, who did not know Rednour. He first tried breaking down the front door and then went to the back door. He broke a glass window next to the back door and stuck his head up to the opening. Husband Ping warned Rednour that Ping was armed and would shoot if Rednour did not stop. Rednour uttered those immortal last words, “Then you’re going to have to shoot me, b****.” Ping obliged and called police to remove the dead body on his back step. The police investigated and declined to pursue any charges against the Pings.

A female with last name Rednour sued the Pings claiming that dead Rednour was simply requesting to enter the house, and Ping wrongfully killed him. The Pings asked for summary judgment in their favor. The judge recognized the suit was barking nonsense, granted summary judgment dismissing the suit, AND in accordance with Indiana’s new law awarded attorney’s fees and costs to the Pings.

I cannot find the judge’s order online, but there is a photograph a copy of it at the Facebook link below.

https://www.facebook.com/The2AProject?_ ... =%3C%2CP-R
USAF 1982-2005

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 3

Post by chasfm11 »

Don't you wish that the rest of the Republican led State legislatures would take similar measures? We know that no Blue State government is ever going to move to protect the rights of citizens.. It is awesome that the attorney fees were assessed against the plaintiff.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

cherokeepilot
Posts in topic: 1

Post by cherokeepilot »

From over my years, I never cease to be amazed that gettn' shot while committing a crime comes as a surprise to some folks.
73s
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.

Return to “Self-Defense Reports”