TX: San Antonio Road Rage Incident

This is the forum for self-defense stories and reports, whether yours or those of others.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

spectre
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Re: TX: San Antonio Road Rage Incident

Post by spectre »

SewTexas wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:20 pm
warnmar10 wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:15 pm
BBYC wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:01 pm I wish the chief waited for more information before deciding only one of the shooters should be arrested.
I wonder if a police department investigating itself is always the best policy.

I've thought that a lot. There are times I admire McMannus, but his knee jerk "my guys can do no wrong" reaction....doesn't really buy him points with the people. it would be better to say "let's let the investigation take it's course". And let's have the major appoint or hire a civilian team from the community that would conduct such investigations. just my thoughts as a citizen that lives next door.
Letting any organization, or profession, self-regulate with no oversight is a recipe for disaster. Would we as a society be comfortable letting the New York Stock Exchange self-regulate? Would we as a society be comfortable letting a hospital handle malpractice claims as an internal matter? People are people and a government paycheck doesn't change that.
I'm in a good place right now
Not emotionally or financially
But I am at the gun store

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 3

Re: TX: San Antonio Road Rage Incident

Post by SewTexas »

JustSomeOldGuy wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:04 am
warnmar10 wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:28 pm
SewTexas wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:20 pm ... And let's have the major appoint or hire a civilian team from the community that would conduct such investigations. just my thoughts as a citizen that lives next door.
I'd rather the major stay out of it. The Texas Rangers or some similarly independent authority. 98% of cases would probably end about the same as they would have with an internal investigation but it would instill confidence in the process.
:iagree:

It would also have a salutary effect in certain departments by instilling the awareness they would NOT be able to control the investigation.
yes. even if it's the Rangers, which, Texans do tend to respect more.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Return to “Self-Defense Reports”