Don't mess with Mom's

This is the forum for self-defense stories and reports, whether yours or those of others.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Tex1961
Posts in topic: 1

Don't mess with Mom's

Post by Tex1961 »

Jusme

Re: Don't mess with Mom's

Post by Jusme »

Nothing more dangerous than a mother protecting her young. Good job Mom!!

I'm sure this won't be reported on MSM, because, as you know, no one uses guns to protect themselves, or others. I hope she has another gun to keep until her case is cleared. If not, someone should loan her one.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

She will be no-billed by a grand jury in short order. Now, if this incident occurred in a California or New York, she would be charged with attempted murder.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

She did what she had to do to protect herself and her family. If more people had this ability it might make the thieves think twice.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

We need to amend the advice of "don't talk to police" with "don't talk to the media, either". This statement may not be good for her:
She said she fired only one shot but she almost wishes she would have emptied the whole clip.

ELB
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ELB »

Yay mom!
USAF 1982-2005

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

oh good it's TX!!!
I read another article and it didn't make it clear where it was!
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

E10

Re: Don't mess with Moms

Post by E10 »

Here's one for the MPA!!!

But she violated two rules, one which almost bit her on the backside and one which helped her put a stop to the crime:
1. Don't leave the keys in the car, even if you're only a few feet away pumping gas.
2. Don't leave your firearm unsecured in the glove box, but in this case it gave her quick access to the gun when she needed it.

I don't think there'll be any trouble with her statement (but IANAL), as we can't be held responsible for something we ALMOST wish we did (unless you're Trump and the Dems are accusing you). All in all, a righteous shoot, and a well-deserved outcome for Ricky. He's lucky he's still alive to stand trial.

Deitz83

Post by Deitz83 »

E10 wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:21 pm Here's one for the MPA!!!

But she violated two rules, one which almost bit her on the backside and one which helped her put a stop to the crime:
1. Don't leave the keys in the car, even if you're only a few feet away pumping gas.
2. Don't leave your firearm unsecured in the glove box, but in this case it gave her quick access to the gun when she needed it.

I don't think there'll be any trouble with her statement (but IANAL), as we can't be held responsible for something we ALMOST wish we did (unless you're Trump and the Dems are accusing you). All in all, a righteous shoot, and a well-deserved outcome for Ricky. He's lucky he's still alive to stand trial.
I agree never leave your car running. However, glad she had a firearm and had the presence of mind under stress to get it and hit her target. Hopefully, she will consider carrying on her person going forward.

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

Deitz83 wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:37 pm

I agree never leave your car running. However, glad she had a firearm and had the presence of mind under stress to get it and hit her target. Hopefully, she will consider carrying on her person going forward.
I am not disagreeing with anything either of you said, but the article does not mention if she has an LTC or not. This might be a very good victory for the MPA, which stops her from carrying on her person. If she doesn't have it, I would hope she does get her LTC now and carry on her person, but I certainly cannot fault her for carrying in her glovebox. It worked for her and her kids, this time.

I also pray the kids are okay. That is a lot of trauma to see at an early age.
Steve Rothstein

E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

Jusme wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:10 am Nothing more dangerous than a mother protecting her young. Good job Mom!!

I'm sure this won't be reported on MSM, because, as you know, no one uses guns to protect themselves, or others. I hope she has another gun to keep until her case is cleared. If not, someone should loan her one.
In my small town of Kempner, I observed a mom leaving her young (7-9) son in the car, running along with a baby in a car seat.

I stayed near the door and watched the car while she shopped for drinks and snacks, after check out I asked permission to speak with her a few min...she said yes...
I was polite, non threatening, non accusing and just trued to assist her in seeing the risks of what she had done, as well as provided two cases i know of where a car left running was taken where kids were in the car, one kids were tossed out and left in the road, the other, kid was in car until it was dumped miles away.
I was prepared for two responses, indignant outrage that IO dare "lecture" or , open eye, acceptance and understanding ...I was not prepared for what I got......indifference, truly what ever no care, no concern, nothing.... It went against everything I thought I knew of mothers and children
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

jmorris

Post by jmorris »

srothstein wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:47 pm .......]

I am not disagreeing with anything either of you said, but the article does not mention if she has an LTC or not. This might be a very good victory for the MPA, which stops her from carrying on her person. If she doesn't have it, I would hope she does get her LTC now and carry on her person, but I certainly cannot fault her for carrying in her glovebox. It worked for her and her kids, this time.

I just read it and this was near the bottom,. The header does say the article was updated but not what was.
------
Booker-Hicks says she just recently got the gun to defend herself but didn’t think she’d be using it just hours later. She doesn’t have a license to carry. However, police say Texas state law allows people to carry guns inside their car even without a license.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

She should set up a go fund me page so we can all show her the proper appreciation for getting that guy off our streets. :txflag:

Deitz83

Post by Deitz83 »

srothstein wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:47 pm
Deitz83 wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:37 pm

My comment suggest getting LTC. I apologize for not spelling it out.

Return to “Self-Defense Reports”