CT: Assailant stabs two, victim shoots him to death

This is the forum for self-defense stories and reports, whether yours or those of others.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
ELB
Posts in topic: 3

CT: Assailant stabs two, victim shoots him to death

Post by ELB »

https://www.wtnh.com/news/connecticut/n ... 1511913601

Man walking down street Is confronted by another man who says “happy Halloween” and stabs him. Victim’s cousin was in nearby car, gets out, is also stabbed. Cousin then uses hand gun to shoot stabber, killing him. Article says cousin has “pistol permit“, not sure if that means license to carry or simply a permit to have a gun.
USAF 1982-2005

OneGun
Posts in topic: 1

Re: CT: Assailant stabs two, victim shoots him to death

Post by OneGun »

Its CT, the cousin will be charged with manslaughter!

Otherwise, CT would have to recognize the right to defend yourself.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

BBYC

Post by BBYC »

CT is a Yankee state but they have Castle Doctrine last I heard.
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

Topic author
ELB

Post by ELB »

Officials identify man shot dead after stabbing 2 in New Haven
Officials said the shooter had a valid pistol permit and that his firearm was lawfully registered to him. He was not charged.

The victims' names have not been released and the incident remains under investigation.
USAF 1982-2005

Topic author
ELB

Post by ELB »

A little update:

The police identified the assailant as Sirvon Timothy Strickland. As Rob72 noted, Sirvon was previously arrested for stabbing his brother Kewon (who also stabbed Sirvon) in a fight over money. Sirvon has also been arrested for punching his exwife in the face during a custody exchange, and has resided in at least one correctional facility.

The “National Gun Violence Memorial” lists Sirvon as a “victim” of gun violence. This is a mockery of real victims and of civilized society.
USAF 1982-2005

mojo84
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mojo84 »

BBYC wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:43 pm CT is a Yankee state but they have Castle Doctrine last I heard.
Honest question. How would the castle doctrine apply in this case? Wouldn't that be more of a stand your ground type situation?
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

mojo84 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:52 am
BBYC wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:43 pm CT is a Yankee state but they have Castle Doctrine last I heard.
Honest question. How would the castle doctrine apply in this case? Wouldn't that be more of a stand your ground type situation?

Castle doctrine might be the reason he was able to have the gun in the car and avaible.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mojo84 »

WTR wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:59 am
mojo84 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:52 am

Castle doctrine might be the reason he was able to have the gun in the car and avaible.
The article said he has a valid permit.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

ELB wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:41 am A little update:

The police identified the assailant as Sirvon Timothy Strickland. As Rob72 noted, Sirvon was previously arrested for stabbing his brother Kewon (who also stabbed Sirvon) in a fight over money. Sirvon has also been arrested for punching his exwife in the face during a custody exchange, and has resided in at least one correctional facility.

The “National Gun Violence Memorial” lists Sirvon as a “victim” of gun violence. This is a mockery of real victims and of civilized society.
Absolutely a mockery of real victims! :mad5
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Self-Defense Reports”