TX: San Antonio 7-11 clerk shoots robber

This is the forum for self-defense stories and reports, whether yours or those of others.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
ELB
Posts in topic: 1

TX: San Antonio 7-11 clerk shoots robber

Post by ELB »

Police arrested a 19-year-old man in connection with a violent gun battle at an East Side gas station that left another teenager with a gunshot wound to the back of the head.

The suspect, Javonta Kenneth Marquise-Whitfield, is now facing a charges of marijuana possession and unlawful carrying of a weapon. He remains in the Bexar County Jail.

According to a preliminary report of the shootout, Marquise-Whitfield and a 17-year-old boy entered the 7-Eleven in the 5200 block of Rigsby Avenue just after 2 a.m.

The gas station clerk later told police Marquise-Whitfield shot at him, and he returned fire, striking the 17-year-old boy in the back of the head.

How the shooting was initiated was not addressed in the preliminary police report, and Jennifer Rodriguez, a spokeswoman for the department, said no other information regarding the shooting would be released.
https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local ... o-16726270

The 17 yo is in stable condition at San Antonio Military Medical Center (BAMC for us oldster locals).
USAF 1982-2005

KLB

Re: TX: San Antonio 7-11 clerk shoots robber

Post by KLB »

A tragedy for the 17-year-old and his family, but a happy ending for society. I don't know how to begin to alter a street culture that celebrates thuggishness. But in the meantime, we should stay alert and armed.

Frankie

Post by Frankie »

From the story KSAT did on this incident,

“I believe we have a right to arm ourselves and protect ourselves. But I get a little concerned when I hear that someone, an employee of any type of establishment retaliates with a weapon,” Coleman said.

I just can't wrap my head around his way of thinking. Supports the 2nd and self defense but not for hard working people being victimized by criminals? :banghead:

https://www.ksat.com/news/detectives-se ... even-store

dlh

Post by dlh »

The 711 Corporation has a long history of firing employees who use firearms to defend themselves on the job. I find that appalling--course they are a private corporation and free to do that. Not sure how they will handle the employee in this case.
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

It sounds like he’s saying that if you have a job you don’t have a right to defend yourself.

Must swing to the left. :roll:
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Return to “Self-Defense Reports”